7,000 people, one global focus - enhancing the health and well-being of pets, people, and livestockWe are passionate about what we do at IDEXX – and why wouldn’t we be? When you’re working to raise the standard of care for pets, make drinking water safe for billions and keep our livestock population around the globe healthy and free of disease, it’s no wonder that what we do each day is more than just a job. There’s an energy across IDEXX that is contagious – where caring and committed people come together to make things better. Exciting Leadership opportunity at IDEXX!
We are seeking a high-potential, inspirational leader with proven success in a contact center consulting environment, as this role would provide overall direction to the Companion Animal Group (CAG) Medical Consulting Services team. As the Medical Consulting Customer Support Group Manager you would be providing leadership to the Medical Consulting Services team within IDEXX that provides our Veterinary clients with phone consultations pertaining to diagnostic testing and treatment options. As a key member of the CAG Customer Support leadership team reporting to the Sr. Director, CAG Customer Support, this position directly leads 3 managers who are, in turn, responsible for leading a total of 40+ veterinarians who are subject matter experts in a variety of veterinary disciplines. The majority of the team is virtual, based throughout the U.S. This role will lead and develop the overall Medical Consulting Customer Support department strategy and direction, with an emphasis on process excellence and operational discipline. The role is based out of IDEXX headquarters in Westbrook, Maine.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing leadership and strategic direction to the managers who lead our remote veterinarian phone Consultants.
- Developing an operational strategy to create a competitive edge.
- Overseeing, evaluating, and continuously improving service processes related to Consultant caseload, turnaround time expectations and the needs of our customers.
- Setting clear and ambitious goals and inspiring teams to achieve them.
- Engaging with teams to develop talent and ensure robust succession pipelines.
- Preparing presentations, reports and other information summarizing work activities and reports results to peer groups as well as senior management. Preparing various analyses as needed to highlight issues and resolve questions.
- Identifying and implementing strategies and efficiencies to enhance customer experience and align with business operations.
- Utilizing data, metrics and system tools to ensure efficiency and to maximize customer experience. Identifying problems, obstacles and opportunities and proactively takes action to address issues. Striving for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in science, technology or business administration. An advanced degree in same (MS or MBA) preferred.
- Typically, 10+ years of related work experience, which includes 7-10+ years of experience leading consulting services, preferably in a contact center environment
- Prefer industry experience within animal or human health, but is not absolutely required.
- Proven experience in leading an operation especially in a high tech environment
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven and extensive experience in a Customer Facing role leading the delivery of consulting services.
- Must have experience leading managers who are, in turn, responsible for leading teams
- Background of having large company experience, preferably a high-growth company
- Demonstrated ability to identify, implement and own strategies to drive operational efficiency and effectiveness to ensure achievement of customer and financial goals.
- Inspirational leader with the ability to build/maintain cohesive teams with a strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Having a bias for action and asking why
- Unique ability to lead strategy discussions and also focus the team on key success metrics
- Laser like focus on developing a team to deliver a low effort customer experience
JOB LOCATION: This position is based out of our Westbrook, Maine (Southern Maine/Portland area) Headquarters EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran