The role is part of the Keysight "Network Emulation Solutions" (NES), Customer Support Organisation, delivering post-sales customer support for 4G & 5G test solutions directly to key customers. The successful candidate will be a bright and proactive engineer with a good theoretical and practical knowledge of physical layer, protocol and RF testing and good communicator that enjoys taking on complex technical challenges and working in a customer facing environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work on the development of protocol testing products Keysight is developing for 5G (5th Generation) wireless communications developed by the 3GPP ( 3rd Generation Partnership Project) standards body
- Develop functional, performance and RF measurement test cases using Protocol R&D toolset or Protocol Conformance test set based of 3GPP NR Specifications 38.523-1 and 38.523-2.
- Support new 3GPP 4G/5G L1,L2,L3 feature integration
- Test and debug the full suite of Keysight products from the developer's tool set to the conformance and Inter-operability products.
- Debug customers' 3GPP 4G/5G protocol L1,L2,L3 issues, analyze logs and work with Keysight internal teams (e.g. R&D) to resolve issues.
- Build technical, credible relationships with key customer engineering personnel becoming a resident expert for key customers.
- Work closely with customers to understand their system and testing needs, creating demand for additional sales and feeding requirements to R&D and product planning
- Utilize a range of methods to efficiently solve customer issues, including e-mail, telephone, remote access sessions to customer systems and customer onsite visits.
- Help in preparation of internal and external training material and participate in customer facing training sessions when required.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education with emphasis in wireless communication systems.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in telecommunications role
- Good working knowledge of 3GPP 4G/5G Access Stratum protocols (L1/L2/L3).
- Strong understanding of RF and wireless test and measurement applications.
- Experience with 4G/5G mobile device testing and script development on test equipment's.
- Proven experience creating and maintaining test tools with some of these programming languages; (C#, C++ or VB), Python
- Ability to develop strong relationships with customers and internal teammates.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Effective presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with testing wireless communications devices using base station emulation, fading emulator, drive test simulator, spectrum/signal analyzers, signal sources and network analyzer.
- Working experience of scripting with TTCN-3
- Ability to adapt to changing product requirements during development in response to an aggressive marketplace
- Experience working across teams and geographies
- Expertise in measurements instruments automation.
- Passion for continuous learning in wireless technology.