• Must successfully complete all assigned technical training to acquire a thorough knowledge of assigned company equipment
• Perform PM’s within their scheduled timeframe
• Under supervision and following established protocols, provide a full range of installation services and preventive and corrective maintenance, on the assigned set of systems manufactured by ZEISS Microscopy.
• May be trained to conduct special site or system environmental analysis tests as assigned by management.
• Using established guidelines, train customers on basic system operation and maintenance.
• Following proscribed procedures, correctly order and obtain spare parts and also expedite the return of any defective materials as may be required.
• Liaise and schedule assigned service activities with the customer and ensure ZEISS Service Management, Customer Interaction Center, and when appropriate, the Sales Account Manager is kept aware as required.
• Serves as the ZEISS customer interface for all service matters, including coordinating any service sub-contractor activity as may have been assigned by regional service management.
• Complete all necessary forms and reports in support of department and company data collection efforts such as but not limited to, expense reports, service reports, quality reports, etc. in prescribed timeframe as established by management.
• Properly care for all ZEISS tools and assets as may be made available during the execution of assigned responsibilities.
• Assists other Customer Support Engineers and customers as appropriate
• Respect, live and share with internal and external customers, the ZEISS values.
• Other duties as assigned by manager
• 4 yeardegree or technical certificate in technical/scientific discipline, related military electronics experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience such as 3+ years direct experience building, maintaining, installing, and/or repairing similarly complex automated electromechanical systems.
• Ability to understand and troubleshoot problems in software, electronics, optics and electron optics, high voltage, high vacuum, mechanical, and electro mechanical systems
• Knowledge of Windows operating environments and word processing and or email applications. Familiarity with databases or CRM Systems a plus.
• Ability to read and understand electrical or mechanical engineering documentation and schematics.
• Proven ability to work successfully as an individual contributor or as part of a team.
• Good communication skills, able to converse readily in English, both verbally and in writing. (German a plus.)
• Good administrative skills
• The prospective candidate must live within one hour’s drive of Bethesda, MD and Leesburg, VA
With more than 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.