Purple Carrot is on a mission to cultivate the plant based resolution, one meal at a time. We are looking for an experienced and passionate Customer Support Director to lead our support team, execute and maintain best practices, increase retention and drive improvements across the company through the voice of the customer. This role requires outstanding leadership skills and the ability to strategize and drive execution across this critical initiative.
As the Customer Support Director, you will scale and lead our customer support team to achieve the highest levels of experience through delightful, timely, and professional communications with customers. This position requires a creative approach to maintaining and streamlining our existing customer support workflow with an emphasis on innovative technologies to help further this achievement.
This role reports to our Head of Marketing. Due to Covid-19, the Needham office is closed through 2020, and potentially longer. Upon reopening the office, we will work with this position on creating a cadence for an in-office schedule and/or visits.
- Lead a team of high-performing Support Supervisors and Customer Advocates, along with developing hiring models and a vision for how to best scale support.
- Develop and execute a holistic customer support strategy to wow customers and build loyalty.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to share data-driven customer feedback and insights to help inform product, web, and marketing improvements.
- Create project and implementation plans for any new or replacement support tech tools; strategize and research ability to add new technologies and support channels to our customer experience mix.
- Represent customer support function in cross-functional leadership meetings and ensure customer concerns are taken into consideration when business decisions are being deliberated.
- Drive improvements to workflows and processes to streamline internal communications between customer support and cross-functional teams and meet KPIs without sacrificing customer experience
- Create structure and process to analyze customer contact data (i.e. SLAs, KPIs, CSAT) and use that information to drive improvements to the overall team performance & growth.
- 7+ years experience in customer support/experience at a B2C company, with at least 4 years of people management experience
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated mastery of CX KPIs (NPS, CES, CSAT, Contact to Order ratios)
- Experienced in hiring, training, and mentoring new employees
- Experience and desire to work in fast-paced, growing start-up that receives high volumes of customer feedback consistently each week