What you get to do:
As a Customer Success Manager, you will be the focal point for Uplight engagement with customers, providing oversight for the implementation and utilization of market-leading customer engagement, marketplace, energy savings, and other select products. You will take ownership of aligning our products with our customers’ business objectives, with a focus on driving successful adoption and greater business value for our customers. You will be responsible for building strong relationships with customer stakeholders by establishing yourself as a trusted advisor as well as acting as a primary advocate for our customers internally. An important aspect of the Customer Success Manager role will entail working collaboratively in a cross-functional environment with members of various Uplight teams, including Engineering, Product, Operations, Regulatory, Sales, Marketing and other teams, to deliver measurable value for our customers.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- Excellence in delivery: Oversee the deployment, onboarding, and continued adoption of our software and energy savings product suites, including customer management, risk mitigation, and on-time/on-budget delivery.
- Execute on world-class customer success processes and best practices
- Ensure smooth handoffs between Uplight teams and the successful onboarding of new customers
- Provide coaching and training to improve adoption of the Uplight product by each customer
- Effectively track and report on key metrics
- Drive Value and Adoption at Uplight customers: Ensure customers realize value from Uplight offerings.
- Work with customers to understand their motivators and business objectives and provide insight as to how Uplight can be leveraged to support those objectives.
- Push and prod the customer to continually achieve value from Uplight
- Help the customer understand the people and process capabilities they need to develop to fully leverage our technology.
- Serve as a trusted advisor: Establish a role as customer’s go-to resource for knowledge about Uplight products as well as customer engagement best practices and solutions.
- Build a deep understanding of each customer’s business objectives, deployment challenges, and needs throughout the lifecycle of the engagement, and actively collaborate to solve these needs with our solutions.
- Be an effective communicator, taking the lead to present key results, facilitate meetings, and deliver difficult messages to customer
- Provide guidance to customer users and stakeholders around best practices on the use of Uplight products.
- Act as customer advocate internally bringing intelligent product feedback and recommendations from customers and users back to the Uplight Product team
- Seek out new business opportunities: Partner with Sales to support successful renewals and contract expansions.
- Ensure customers successfully adopt Uplight products and achieve stated business objectives leading to a successful renewal.
- Understand further needs of customers and align them with Uplight products/services in customer accounts, driving incremental/upsell business opportunities
- Play an integral role in assisting with pursuits and proposals.
What you bring to Uplight
- At least 5 years of experience in Project Management, Account Management, or Customer Success, preferably at a SaaS or enterprise software company
- At least 1 year of experience managing Home Energy Report programs
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- A natural affinity for working across departments and colleague personas to drive cross-functional work streams to completion
- Independent thinker who proactively identifies issues, interdependencies, and solutions
- Experience working on large, complex IT or similar technology integration projects requiring attention to detail, planning, and multi-channel communication requirements
- Expertise developing and maintaining key relationships across an organization
- Attention to detail and ability to internalize and communicate a wide array of information concerning software and analytics products as well as the sales process
- You care about energy, its impact on our customers, their customers, and the world
- Once restrictions are lifted, willingness to travel 20-50% of the time