CAS uses intuitive technology, unparalleled scientific content and unmatched human expertise to help companies create groundbreaking innovations that benefit the world. As the scientific information solutions division of the American Chemical Society, CAS manages the largest curated reservoir of scientific knowledge, and for 111 years, has helped innovators mine, assess and apply that information to keep businesses thriving. The CAS team is global, diverse, endlessly curious and strives to make scientific insights accessible to innovators worldwide.
CAS is currently seeking a Customer Success Manager. This role will be located in Southern California.
The Customer Success Function serves this community by delivering a world class customer experience ensuring that customers receive value from their solutions, continue to buy CAS solutions, and expand their relationship. The Customer Success Manager is accountable for profitable achievement of sales objectives for existing accounts in an assigned territory by identifying opportunities to grow, retain, cross-sell and penetrate the customer utilizing the product portfolio and services.
The Customer Success Manager ensures that every customer realizes the full value of CAS products and services by:
- Onboards, enables, and teaches our users and customers how to realize the full value of our solutions
- Retain, cross-sell, and upsell existing clients through a superior experience and understanding of their needs
- Managing a territory of CAS customers and ensuring that they are receiving exceptional experiences through our interactions with CAS as a firm
- Manages an assigned book of business and builds, expands, and solidifies relationships with existing clients via necessary sales and support visits, calls, emails and presentations with the expectation of creating, advancing, and closing revenue opportunities within an assigned territory.
- Must be able to effectively identify, communicate and work through customer problems, issues and opportunities.
- Anticipates and drives growth of additional services and coverage levels by conducting thorough needs assessments and matches these needs to the appropriate solutions.
- Cultivates relationships with the most senior buyer in the client organization as well as with day-to-day client representatives and buyers.
- Follows the established sales process and consistently utilizes the CRM to document prospect interaction, ensuring efficient lead management.
- Monitor customer dashboards , identify risks and take action where necessary to ensure optimal customer experience and product usage
- Create and document user success stories and communicate these to buyers.
- Understands the importance of timely follow up with customers, managers and staff making communication a top priority.
- Develop and maintain daily plans to maximize selling time, including pre-call planning, adhering to metrics and customized scripts based on opportunity type.
- Attend/present at trade shows, events and conferences
Minimum Education/Experience/Technological Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science related fields, business, communications or other related disciplines
- 5 or more years of sales related experience including lead generation, inside and outside sales, business development, customer service
- Proven track record of exceeding sales objectives and territory/account development
- Experience leveraging LinkedIn and other prospecting tools
- Experience selling science related solutions and/or information/intellectual property
- Strong capacity to articulate industry-specific value proposition to address customer pain points
- 2 years’ experience with CRM and opportunity management systems, preferably Salesforce.com
- Demonstrated experience with virtual selling tools such as GoToMeeting, Web-Ex and other comparable tools