Benchling believes in putting our customers at the center of everything we do. We strive to provide an exceptional experience for our customers and our users from the first touchpoint, through our implementations, and once they are live. We take pride in our world-class renewal rates, and Customer Success is an essential part of this equation. To keep up with our rapidly expanding growth, we are building a team of seasoned Customer Success Managers with experience in Life Sciences, who can help grow the organization, develop our processes, and drive execution.
Our Customer Success Management (CSM) team works alongside our Professional Services, Product, and Sales teams to help customers maximize the value of their Benchling investments. CSMs will work directly with our customers, and develop strategies and tactics to drive adoption, promote usage of new features, recommend best practices, and ensure there is ongoing expansion of Benchling within our customer base. CSMs will know how to identify areas of improvement, and how to work with customers and internal teams to drive progress on customer initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Build and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders at our customer’s organizations
- Define and implement customer lifecycle touch points, including business reviews, customer sat surveys, reference programs, case studies, and others
- Develop programs to drive adoption and retention of Benchling’s solutions
- Create goals, action plans, playbooks, and key metrics based on each customer’s objectives, and review progress on a regular basis with the customer and with CS leadership
- Demonstrate and promote the latest features and capabilities Benchling is releasing, ensure customers are utilizing key product features to maximize success
- Identify client challenges and risk areas, develop solutions, and execute proactively to avoid churn, collaborating with other Benchling teams including Support, Services, Product, and Sales, as required
- Align and collaborate with Sales on renewal forecasts and up-sell strategies, with a focus on customer retention
- Lead strategic, cross-functional initiatives such as customer journey mapping, voice-of-customer, and product feedback sessions to drive a seamless customer experience and foster a company-wide culture of Customer Success
- Partner with Solutions Consulting and Product Marketing to determine how to define, drive, and demonstrate customer ROI
- Must have a BS or M.Sc. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology, Bioengineering or similar Life Science field with 2+ years experience in Life Sciences, ideally in a lab or research setting.
- 5+ years of Customer Success, Professional Services, or Consulting experience in a SaaS software environment with the ability to forge relationships with users, decision makers, and influential stakeholders
- Deep understanding of Life Sciences R&D processes and scientific concepts. Must be able to immediately interface and build trust with Scientists, as well as Director & VP Level Business and IT leaders in top-20 Biotech and Pharma companies.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to influence without authority, hands on enterprise implementation experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate confidently and concisely in verbal, written and presentation formats to all types of audiences
- Self-motivated, independent, adaptable, and can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to travel 20-30% based on customer needs