Customer Success Engineer
Purpose of Position
The Customer Success Engineer is an integral part of the Connected Systems Team at DEWALT. The Customer Success Engineer is responsible for the customer’s experience after a sale. This is not a standard support position; this person will serve as the primary point of contact for advance systems and quality assurance troubleshooting. The Customer Success Engineer will be responsible for collecting feedback from customers and documenting detailed issue reports for the Research and Development teams. This individual will report to the Commercial Operations Manager.
Varying travel may be required to support customer meetings or deployments at construction jobsites (between 25%-75% based on product cycle). This person is expected to be a technical expert in our systems, and it is critical that they have strong internal relationships and consistent, professional interaction with our customers.
Effectively provide customers with guidance and solutions when problems are reported. Communicate with leadership and product teams to provide updates and raise any open issues.
Troubleshoot technical escalations from front line support via phone and/or email.
Act as the customer experience advocate within the company. Track customer reports and identify & report trending issues.
Test returned hardware and software to investigate failures.
Work closely with Product Managers to improve product capabilities and documentation that are aligned with customers’ needs
Manage pilot projects, that may include deploying hardware on active constructions sites where environmental conditions will vary.
Take on any task necessary for success within the project.
Experience with CRM or service systems a plus.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or greater in Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical field. Others might be considered depending on certifications or experience acquired.
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in project coordination/management in a technology or technical environment
• Minimum of 1 year in customer support experience and/or partner management in a technology or technical environment
• Installing software, networking, configuration, and peripheral hardware troubleshooting skills.
• Troubleshooting cloud services and/or Wi-Fi & connected device (IoT) networking or communication issues.
• Working knowledge of the Windows OS, network troubleshooting, and client-server technology
• Experience with Web-based systems
• Work independently with clients in a professional manner and support them over the phone as-needed
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Strong time and project management skills; extremely detail oriented
• Always acts with a professional mindset and communication methods
• Critical thinking and problem solving ability; synthesize findings from analysis and draw conclusions
• Effective at performing detail oriented tasks like documenting steps taken
• Self-motivated individual with the desire to succeed and take the initiative that goes above & beyond
• Familiarity with mesh wireless networking and/or construction industry is a plus
• Familiarity with Jira and Salesforce is a plus
Key Stanley, Black and Decker Qualities Needed for this Position:
• Highly organized;
• Stress resistant;
• Able to work in a team;
• Operates in accordance with the Stanley Black & Decker Values and Business Conduct Guidelines