About the Position:
Customers are the lifeblood of our company and Qumulo is looking for strategic, customer focused and results-driven Customer Success Engineers (CSEs). CSEs will engage with customers to resolve complex technical issues they may face while using Qumulo.
The CSE is ultimately responsible for investigation and resolution of advanced technical issues with Qumulo platforms. In addition the CSE will also share knowledge with the team whether it is by pairing or leading training sessions.
The successful CSE should:
- Be comfortable in engaging all levels of customer management and technical staff, from system administrators to C-level executives.
- Function efficiently during high-pressure situations to resolve technical issues.
- Manage and prioritize competing priorities from customers to properly set expectations.
- Take responsibility for delivery of own goals and follow through on issues; escalate only when needed.
- Communicate with the engineering organization to provide feedback on product direction.
- Lead efforts in diagnosing and reproducing complex technical issues.
About the Company:
At Qumulo, we build innovative storage solutions that will permanently change the enterprise storage marketplace, improve quality and increase service standards.
We are dedicated not only to a fast, reliable product, but also to providing clients with a seamless user experience and unprecedented visibility on their data.
Founded in 2012 by the inventors of scale-out NAS, our vision has attracted a team of storage pioneers from Amazon Web Services, Google, and Microsoft. Our mission is simple – to be the company the world trusts to store, manage and curate its data forever.
- Prioritize and drive resolution for escalated customer issues
- Provide customers with an excellent collaborative supportexperience
- Collaborate with engineering teams to perform root cause analysis and resolution
- Interface with product managers to guide product roadmap based on customer feedback
- Mentor and grow team members
- 4+ years of experience in a customer-facing support role
- 2+ years of experiencesupporting network storage
- Very strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and group presentation skills
- Self-driven and self-organizing; responsible for setting own goals
- Excellent networking configuration experience with modern switch operating systems (Cisco, Arista, Mellanox)
- Deep knowledge of Windows, Linux, and BSD operating systems
- Understanding of Active Directory, LDAP, and associated technologies
- Familiarity with file storage technologies (SAN, NAS, file, cloud, object)
- Senior level understanding of networking technologies (TCP/UDP, Ethernet, VLANs, ports, protocols)
- Knowledge of common switch technologies (MLAG, VPC, HSRP, LLDP)
- Ability to script in a UNIX-based operating system (Bash, Shell, Python)
- Ability to travel up to 10% for customer site meetings.