Do you thrive on Customer Success? Do you possess the ability to develop and execute a strategy that will deliver positive customer outcomes in our Observability & IT Ops buying centers? If so, and you are interested in scaling the team to exceed customer expectations in high growth markets, then this role may be for you.
Our Observability and IT Ops Lead works alongside customers, the wider Customer Success team (Professional Services, Customer Success Management, Support, Education, Renewals and Technical Enablement) and our Observability and IT Operations leaders and stakeholders. Working very closely with your segment teams, you will ensure CS strategies, offerings and services align with our customer needs and our product roadmap. You will be responsible for leading accountability and execution across the Customer Success organization and collaborating with our IT buying centers, aligning CS to provide a complete solution to our customers. You will ensure execution across Customer Success functions and the business to align with our Corporate Strategy, CS Strategy, and IT Operations and Observability Strategy. In this critical role, you will ensure the Customer Success organization is aligned and delivering on promises to customers, CS performance metrics, and overall success.
- As an integral part of the Customer Success leadership team, you will be responsible for the overall Observability and IT Ops strategy and customer outcomes.
- Own the interlock, prioritization, strategy, performance and development of the Observability and IT Ops business across Customer Success.
- Lead a matrixed team across CS functions and the wider organization to define and execute the necessary programs to achieve these goals and customer outcomes
- Partner with CS and Products and the buying center SME’s to identify and prioritize designing in features and analytics/telemetry for segmentation, visibility, and continuous improvement to accelerate time to value and customer ROI.
- Collaborate with the CS Offerings team to ensure appropriate Observability and IT Ops offerings are delivered, aligned to customer needs in the IT and DevOps realms.
- Lead the effort to build high impact communications and collateral to ensure scalable success.
- Ensure Observability and IT Ops expertise and capability across CS (readiness), providing recommendations to leadership on resourcing, direction, and technical development to move customer success forward.
- Shape customer expectations and thoroughly align outcomes with customer requirements while focusing on business value.
- Define the path to success and influence others, in Customer Success, the buying centers, and the Sales team to achieve and exceed their performance goals.
- Collaborate with the entire Splunk Corporate team to realize success relative to Customer Success.
- 12-15+ years of Pre and/or Post Sales experience selling and/or delivering IT solutions to customers globally.
- Extensive leadership experience, with 5+ years in a senior level role in a matrixed environment.
- Firm understanding of Customer Success business priorities and practices in Sales Engineering, Professional Services, CSM - Customer Success Management, Education/Enablement and Technical Support
- Experience with Customer Success solution development in Observability and IT Ops
- Comfortable leading change, developing processes, implementing procedures and working across the Customer Success and other Splunk functions to achieve desired outcomes.
- Although this role is strategic in nature, must have the ability to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- Ability to work across the Customer Success organization in a positive and effective manner to drive execution.
- Deep understanding of Observability and IT Ops software solutions
- Willing to work as part of a diverse team, taking mentorship from multiple partners to achieve desired outcomes.
- Able to travel 50% globally (more during peak times)
- BA/BS preferred in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business or equivalent work experience preferred. MS a strong plus.