Customer Solutions Manager is responsible for enhancing customer satisfaction, building customer relationships, and selling the company’s products and services in the assigned territory to meet or exceed sales targets. The CSM is the overall account owner and drives the business growth strategy and tactical sales execution, utilizing all sales specialists within the Sales, Marketing Support and Market Development teams to deliver complete product and service work flows to customer. The CSM will identify and coordinate the needs of the customer across the entire QIAGEN portfolio focusing on securing strong relationships based on contractual commitments or strategic pricing strategies. The CSM must be able to manage a territory, close opportunities and develop a plan to achieve assigned quota. He/she should be comfortable selling to Life Science, Molecular Diagnostic, Industrial and Applied Testing Accounts.
- 3 to 5 years of successful track record selling consumables and capital equipment in the Life Science market.
- Bachelors Degree in Molecular Biology or equivalent (minimum).
- Experience with QIAGEN products preferred.
- Proven ability to sell to Principle Investigators, Medical Directors and Finance.
- Established contact network with the Decision Makers, especially with KOL’s in the Academia/Pharma field.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently while under guidance from manager.
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills for all business levels.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel and valid driving license required.
- Wide range of knowledge of diagnostic and molecular biology applications and products.
- Experience with QIAGEN products preferred. Experience with QIAGEN products in a lab environment highly preferred.
- PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
- Customer database management. Salesforce.com experience a plus.
- Ability to travel overnight.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer first mentality.