Customer Services Avionics Field Service Engineer ( FSE ), F-22 Program
Job Description :
This individual will perform as a Customer Services Avionics Field Service Engineer (FSE) and back-up Airplane General (APG) and Low Observables/Structures FSE at Hickam AFB, HI.
Successful candidate will act as the LM Aero Company's technical interface to the customer in resolving issues arising from operations and/or maintenance activities for all matters related to/involving F22 aircraft systems/subsystems performance, with specific expertise in F22 Avionic Systems.
Must be able to assist with APG, Structures/LO and other systems/subsystems related technical issues. Accomplish in-depth troubleshooting and analysis of F22 Weapon System difficulties experienced at the assigned/deployed location.
Attend briefings/debriefings, as required, to aid in the rapid identification of emerging issues requiring company/industry partner intervention to avoid aircraft downtime.
Fully and completely document all unusual operational/maintenance problems, even if resolved on-site, to ensure the company and industry partners are apprised of emerging system degradation/failure trends.
Initiate Action Requests (ARs) identifying unique operational/technical problems which require technical, procedural, or quality assurance actions to resolve.
Provide on-site assistance to Air Force personnel initiating Deficiency Reports (DRs) and/or Technical Order Deficiency Reports (TODCRs). Provide training, when requested, to USAF personnel.
Must be able to work and interact with the logistics and operational community at all levels, as well as a myriad of professional support engineers from the F-22 contractor industry.
Represents the contractor team at required sustainment, operations and local leadership meetings/conferences as required. Education, experience and background are vital to establish credentials.
Must be willing/able to work any shift, any day at any time, including weekends and holidays, if necessary, to support customer operational objectives.
Must be proficient in the use of personal computers; knowledge of CATIA and System/Software Engineering Environment (S/SEE) helpful. Must be willing/able to deploy for a long-term assignment to Hickam AFB.
Must be willing/able to deploy with Hickam customer to any location, including austere, remote locations, for extended periods of time (6 months or longer).
Must be able to obtain F-22 Program clearance and program access.
Must be willing/able to receive immunizations as a condition of assignment/employment, and meet/satisfy required medical readiness prerequisites for deployment as determined by DOD/USAF agencies.
Must be able to wear Mission-Oriented Protective Posture (MOPP) chemical protection ensemble.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Must have an Interim Secret Clearance prior to starting.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years hands-on experience with 5th Generation Fighter Avionics Systems/Subsystems, with at least 4 years experience specifically on F-22 aircraft.
- Technical report writing experience.
- Background in reading technical drawings (wiring diagrams, schematics, system flow charts, etc.) / interpretation and fault isolation.
- Experience working within the aircraft operational environment identifying problems, resolving system-level integration problems, and developing comprehensive documentation.
- Microsoft Office skills
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in a related discipline.
- Knowledge of Airplane General (APG), Structures/Low Observable (LO) technology.
- Prior field experience with operational F-22 Wing.
- DOD deployment readiness training.