- Expert knowledge base to install and manage OS, administer users accounts, security, configuration, patch management, updates and configure network connectivity for supported programs.
- Comprehensive understanding of configuration and initialization files, error logging, event viewer as they pertain to software applications. Must be able to gather, organize, analyze and/or potentially resolve software issues. Effectively use escalation procedures and able to manage priorities.
- Provide guidance for installation, configuration and repair of standard and custom hardware components using support tools such as schematics, operating manuals and technical documentation.
- Provide leadership in the development, update and maintenance of support documentation for configurations and standardization. Interface with configuration management, integration team, escalation engineering and vendors as appropriate.
- Able to configure network connections; gather, organize, analyze and troubleshoot network issues; employ support tools to trace network connectivity issues, diagnose problems and escalate to proper IT professional for resolution.
- Expertise in at least one area of technical support and can perform efficiently in various others.
- Technical knowledge often sought by internal and external customers.
- Expert capabilities in triaging and remediating system problems and issues
- Strong skills and capabilities to evaluate and tune systems to allow them to run efficiently.
- Excellent Root/Cause analysis experience including the interpretation of Event logs, IIS logs, web.config, and Active Directory
- Extensive Systems Administration Experience
- DatabaseExperience, including SQL and other tools, Familiar with MS SQL, ORACLE. Experience creating and running stored procedures.
- Familiarity with software programing language such as C++, C#, or Java
- Strong experience with system security including the management of Certificates, WSE, NTFS, Bitlocker, and Share level Permissions.
- Strong skills and experience creating deployment solutions including building system images through standardized tools.
- Extensive network skills and experience including TCP/IP; DHCP, DNS, WINS, Workgroups, Domains, Active Directory. Additionally, the configuration, management, and trouble shooting of firewall, switches, and routers.
Problem Solving, Creativity and Innovation
- Effectively produce, update and maintain all required status reports and documentation.
- Serve as the Train-The-Trainer to othertechnicians for customer requirements on processes, systems and maintenance procedures.
- Effectively applies the processes of related internal organizations such as QA, Tier 3, and CM to transition upgrades, patches, etc. into field programs.
- Ability to proficiently plan, schedule and install new systems, offices relocations, appropriate infrastructure changes for various programs.
- Research, compile, and analyze data to develop recommendations for appropriate business decisions and/or actions.
- Consistently leads and works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Able to identify and solve new or unique problems using analysis of facts and/or previous solutions.
- Responsible for planning and carrying out assignments, resolving conflicts and coordinating work with others. Informs management of progress and potentially controversial matters.
- Performs independently to determine the appropriate methods and procedures on new assignments, projects or tasks.
- Leads, coaches, trains and mentors other team members through new assignments, complex issues, personal objectives and/or projects.
- Manage projects that require significant resources across multiple functions or organizations.
- Sets, manages and consistently meets individual objectives in connection with programs, regional and company initiatives.
- Often acts as a facilitator and team leader and provides technical leadership to others on more complex tasks.
- Communicate effectively with all levels within the company through project presentations, demonstrations and training.
- Train others in proper methods for writing, updating and maintaining technical documents.
- Excellent interaction skills at all levels within the customer’s organization including end user, management, executive levels and support teams.
- Interprets information and negotiates/influences outcomes with internal and external contacts.
- Acts as an information source and represents the company on projects specific to the area of expertise.
- Actively listens and solicits feedback from the customer to make process improvements.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively and tactfully with both customer management and technical staff.
- Able to discuss technical issues with non-technical team members and drive issues to resolution.
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills involving internal and external support teams.
Teamwork and Planning
- Takes the lead in building the technical support team for customer facing programs.
- Able to work effectively within customer teams and manage project deliverables
- Builds effective relationships with internal, external, peer technicians and management.
- Trains others and provide feedback on technology, products and processes.
- Applies business knowledge and understanding of customer requirements and commitments by adjusting schedules, travel requirements and allocating resources as needed within scope of responsibility.
- Recognizes obstacles during planning process, develops contingencies, recommends solutions and follows through with appropriate actions and with an awareness of budget constraints.
- Organizes complex information, implements actions and is responsible for short to medium term technical projects.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Requires a BS/BA, or equivalent in experience
- Requires a minimum of five years of experience in the service industry, preferably critical, customer service experience
- Advanced Certifications in combination supporting the defined skills are required.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) is preferred.
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Travel Requirements, such as:
Working Conditions, such as:
- The work requires moderate physical effort with recurring lifting and/or moving of moderately heavy items in the 30-50 pound range and occasional lifting up to 75 pounds. Requires long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities. Requires manual dexterity and ability to manipulate small objects.
- Some fieldwork may be completed in secured but potentially dangerous environments where the potential for physical attack is present or in situations which conditions may not be controlled.
Physical Demands, such as:
- Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
- The work requires light physical effort with frequent lifting and/or moving of materials in the 10-30 pound range and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity and ability to manipulate small objects. May require normal range of hearing and vision to operate machinery.