In this capacity, the Customer Service Technical Associate will oversee a formal follow-up process that will identify areas of focus for rapid revenue growth, areas for process improvement and areas in need of product refinement. The Customer Service Technical Associate will handle the entire order management process, from providing pricing and timeframe quotes, detailed jurisdictional information, providing clear expectations to internal/external resources, order management, invoicing and follow-up. The ideal candidate should have a combination of strong project management and data analysis skills, knowledge of CT products/services, strong customer service fundamentals, ability to solve business problems using technology and process design/improvement experience.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Works in partnership with Relationship Managers to drive and process revenue, maintain customer records, proactively manage customer compliance needs.
- Provides consultative service as the initial point of contact for customer inquiries by accepting inbound calls and e-mails from customers (e.g., law firms, corporations); responding to incoming client calls and e-mails in a timely manner; participating in occasional face-to-face client visits; developing and maintaining positive working relationships with customers throughout the territory; utilizing a consultative customer service approach to identify and fully understand customer needs, challenges and goals (e.g., corporate document retrieval, filing services); providing information to answer customer questions (e.g., billing inquiries); providing subject matter expertise to help customers reach business decisions (e.g., corporate filings, document retrievals, state requirements, options for forming new business entities); providing assistance with advanced processes (e.g. mergers, withdrawals); and understanding and articulating how CT products and services can solve customer business challenges/needs, and achieve customer goals.
- Maintains and extends knowledge of full line of CT products including features, benefits, pricing, intended use, value proposition and competitive position in order to effectively consult with clients, directly or indirectly, by attending and engaging fully in standard product training session for new hires; completing all self-study reading, exercises, and activities in the prescribed timeline; engaging in one-on-one training with the leadership or training team as needed; researching and learning how the products fit into customers’ processes and contribute to their business performance; and reviewing competitor information to be able to compare and contrast them with CT products.
- Must be comfortable setting and managing expectations, responding quickly and accurately to internal and external partners, providing a deep level of expertise about client needs, as well as specific jurisdictional requirements. Work extensively with global partners to complete projects, tracking, and updating all parties on project status; maintaining accurate order, financial and customer records; and providing consultative customer service throughout the entire project life cycle.
- Manages financial transactions by posting charges for customer transactions; adjusting complex financial charges as necessary to ensure fair and accurate billing; issuing checks for disbursements; and following through to collection.
- Promotes additional CT offerings to meet customer needs by identifying opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell the full array of CLS products and services (e.g. UCC, domestic referrals, managed services); providing comprehensive answers to questions about CT products and services; setting clear expectations regarding the capability of CT products and services; engaging additional resources to help advance or close sales opportunities (e.g., management, sales); participating on sales calls upon request; promoting increased usage of CT’s products and services; and partnering with account executives or business consultants in the development of customer accounts.
- Participates in organizational activities to meet or exceed company objectives by identifying and reporting opportunities to increase individual and/or team efficiency; applying subject matter expertise to special projects that will help achieve company objectives; and collaborating with peers to develop and advance company-wide initiatives and strategies.
- Represents Wolters Kluwer by developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of Wolters Kluwer products, industry trends and general business and financial acumen through various sources and initiative; communicating Wolters Kluwer competitive advantage to customers in a compelling articulate manner in speech, writing and formal presentation; behaving in ways that demonstrate corporate core values and culture; developing professional and positive relationships with customers and colleagues; and maintaining a reputation of competence, integrity and professionalism.
- Performs other duties as requested and necessary to meet business objectives
- Manages time and company resources appropriately
- Proactively pursues professional development activities
- Travel to office or customer locations
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts, Business, Management or related discipline; OR, if no degree, 9 years of consultative customer service, account management or project management experience.
Experience, Knowledge and Tools
Minimum: 5+ years of consultative customer service, account management or project management experience, including:
- Demonstrated strong: relationship building, project management, analytical, problem-solving, organizational, time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to meet deadlines for multiple concurrent projects
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Work independently and in a team environment
Preferred: 6+ years of consultative customer service, project management or account management experience, including:
- Paralegal legal service industry experience
- Implementation Specialist or managerial experience
- Expert knowledge of CT business practices, processes, products and services
- Salesforce.com proficiency or knowledge of related applications
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint)
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time (e.g., meetings, training, conferences/seminars, client visits).