UBM organizes over 300 market-leading B2B events every year. At our events we create the environments which allow business to flourish. Our knowledge of the communities we serve, our ability to attract the right people and our skill at curating the physical space and creating memorable experiences bring thousands of like-minded people together. It is this shared experience and the opportunities to make human connections which allow businesses to grow.
Our events serve a tremendous variety of different industry sectors from furniture to fashion to pharma. In total we serve over 50 different communities.
There are over 3,750 people working at UBM. We operate in more than 20 countries. This global footprint allows us to help businesses to trade both domestically and internationally.
Under the direction of the Customer Support Manager, coordinates the customer service team’s daily workload. Including organizing, distributing and prioritizing based on key deadlinedates. Deals with customer requests, enquiries and complaints. Serves as a liaison between the branding groups and customer service to provide key information required to answer customer inquiries. Serves as primary contact for all group pass requests for the UBM Advanced Manufacturing events, as well as manage the fulfillment. Provides recommendations on ways to improve customer service experience based on customer inquiries. Trains, coaches, and mentors employees on how to deliver the best customer service possible.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In addition to the inbound customer service duties, the Supervisor:
- Organizes, distributes and verifies the work of others and participates in their training; establishes priorities; allocates physical and human resources; acts as resource person
- Provides “second tier” customer service support; resolves complex customer questions, complaints or problems and ensures satisfactory resolution
- Acts as the liaison between assigned show groups and customer support team to ensure the department is current on changes in policies, procedures and product and product offerings; creates and executes training programs for co-workers as needed.
- Assists in quality control in systems and programs to develop best practices for the team
- Knows and understands individual product components and customer bases so that individual is well informed and accurate when providing information
- Places outbound calls/emails or uses social channels to encourage group registrations and/or purchase additional products, resolve questions regarding their registration.
- Receives inbound calls based on call volume and peak periods.
- Ability to isolate and identify areas of improvement.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Manager
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- College education in business, marketing, communications or a related field or equivalent in experience, with at least five years’ experience in a customer service or call center position.
- Working knowledge of computers, CRM, and Call Center software is required. Salesforceexperience a plus.
- Strong skills in interpersonal communications and relationships.
- Ability to prioritize and respond to customer communications via multiple channels including phone and email.
- Individual must be able to adhere to strict rules of confidentiality.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Positive and effective customer-service orientation along with problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Knowledge of trade shows, publishing, and/or marketing industries is preferred.
- Strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job Location Santa Monica, California, United States