When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Customer Service Supervisor, Production reports to the Sr. Manager, Production Accounts with a matrix into the local Customer Service Manager. This role is responsible for the day-to-day coaching and supervision of the Production customer service reps in the call center and monitors productivity and performance standards. Plans and directs work flow and project assignments. Oversees call volume to ensure service standards are met. Conducts hiring, training, and evaluation of staff. Works to develop employees’ skills, evaluate performance, and provide feedback. Responsible for team’s adherence to corporate attendance and employment policies. Works with the Customer Service Manager to develop the business work plan for the team. Regularly interacts with management on matters concerning functional areas within the department and cross-functional groups.
- Estimate a zero-error mentality and manage to 100% accuracy with team.
- Provide on-going coaching to each Customer Service Representative on team concerning quality, reliability, accountability and productivity to ensure objectives are met.
- Resolve moderately complex support-related issues for the customers and staff.
- Provide support in call escalation situations. Serves as an expert in dealing with difficult customer interactions.
- Regularly monitor customer calls in order to provide constructive feedback to CSRs.
- Conducts daily management board with team and plans and organizes workflow to ensure efficient CS operations.
- Set goals and track results to ensure that all team metrics are met and excellent customer service is achieved.
- Communicate with peers in order to ensure that department meets its objectives.
- Acts as a communication liaison between inside sales, customer service, outside sales and other departments
- Monitor and analyze daily and monthly call center performance, utilizing contact management system reports.
- Assist in cost control and managing departmental budgeted expenses.
- Monitor and submit requiredreports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Set up and maintain necessary records, files and reports in accordance with Company standards
- Recruit, interview select, train, and develop customer service representatives in customer service techniques.
- Assumes a high degree of responsibility and work independently.
- Works with Sr. Manager, Production Accounts on process improvement to create productivity and efficiencies, as needed.
- BachelorDegreerequired in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or a related field, or equivalent combination of experience (8years) and education and a High School diploma or GED.
- 4+ years of experience in a customer service and support environment.
- 2+ years of progressive lead and/or supervisory experience.
- Excellent knowledge of customer service practice and procedures.
- Knowledge and proficiency in computer operations utilizing Microsoft products.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment handling multiple demands.
- Must be able to work for prolonged periods of sitting while using a headset, keyboard, and computer terminal.
- Proven telephone and communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, stress and pressure resistant, quick learner.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain constructive working relationships within and outside of the company.