Customer Service Representative
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
Our qualified radiation monitoring and detection systems provide nuclear power plant operators with unmatched reliability and performance. Designed and manufactured in the U.S.A., our products are unmatched in meeting safety and non-safety requirements, and are backed with unparalleled support to ensure dependable operation for a lifetime of service. We provide specialized power and energy technologies, including high-voltage capacitors, energy dense pulsed power modules, safe, scalable Lithium-ion fault-tolerant batteries, permanent magnet motors, generators, and modular power conversion drives that provide high power density and significant fuel savings to improve system performance and reduce lifecycle costs.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a professional Customer Service Representative to join the Aftermarket Organization in Rancho Bernardo, CA. Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for interaction with current and potential customers for pre and post-sales of products through telephone, written and electronic communications. The candidate must be able to work directly with customers in high-pressure situations, time sensitive situations, possess superior organization/time management skills, and exhibit sound interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills. Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests are handled in a timely manner and customer orders are delivered on time. Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software experience is preferred but not essential. The Customer Service Representative will participate with management and marketing team members in developing company literature, and pricing schedules, growth strategies, validity of warranty claims, replacement order requests and may visit customer sites as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain assigned customer accounts from RFQ receipt to delivery of goods. Identify and communicate customer requirements to affected functions within the organization and execute to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Prepares quotations, sales orders and customer correspondence and secures appropriate approvals.
- Review customer purchase orders and liaises with customer as required to collect missing information and documentation, and secures appropriate approvals. Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy records.
- Responds to customer inquiries including but not limited to pricing, order status and delivery date information.
- Coordinate and participate on customer status phone calls.
- Coordinates with Demand Planning on new requirements and changes to ensure demand is correct and complete.
- Demonstrate a collaborative attitude with the ability to work independently and take initiative with other departments to research and resolve customer issues and complaints efficiently and professionally.
- Champion customer needs while ensuring organizational goals are met.
- Assist Treasury services in resolving accounts receivable issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and five or more years of progressive sales or customer service experience in the product field. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must possess a strong understanding of applicable industry regulations; knowledge of computer operations and applications. Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify and analyze issues as well as ability to resolve moderately complex issues; (2) organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit; (3) good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal employees and external customers; (4) the ability to use independent judgment in handling customer inquiries and tact and diplomacy in resolving customer problems; and (5) the ability to maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Job ID#: 19613BR