Your task structure
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Order Management: Enters Sales or/and Sample Orders in a timely and accurate manner. Actively reviews assigned accounts for the following: product availability, suggestions for comparable products if in a backorder situation, inventory status, shipping information or any other customer request.
- Product Knowledge: Able to assist customers with inquiry regarding products and/or use of products. Able to work with internal channels with regards to new products, and/or maintain current products.
- Communication: Able to properly answer phone calls, emails and/or other forms of communication from the customer. Distribution of customer communications, sample letters, certificates of analysis, MSDSs, literature, and call reports. In addition to keeping proactive communication with internal departments including but not limited to Finance, Sales, and Operations.
- Shipping: Collaborates with the shipping teams to make sure the product ships on time, with the proper incoterms. This includes processing Export documents for International customers. Must successfully complete appropriate D.O.T. Awareness and Shipping Paper training
- Record Keeping: Maintains all customers’ files and correspondence. Provide the necessary order reports when requested.
- Quality and Safety: Support BYK’s safety initiatives and objectives, in addition to properly tracking quality issues in our quality management system.
- Troubleshooting: Response to customer complaints investigates difficulties and works with the necessary departments to qualify root cause and provide customer satisfaction.
- Other Duties: Other duties may be required which may be assigned by the Department Manager or Supervisor.
- Speak clearly on phone
- Understand people with various accents
- Customer Management
- Typing / Filing
- Able to lift 25 lb.
- Able to bend to reach objects at floor level
Your recipe for success
- Some knowledge on laws governing shipping of chemicals
- Must be detailed orientated with focus of superior customer service advocacy, and follow up skills.
- Must have the ability to interaction with employees or customers at all levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain Management is a plus
- SAP Knowledge
- 5+ years’ experience
- Knowledge of order management
- Telephone communications
- Must successfully complete appropriate D.O.T. Awareness and Shipping Paper training
- Experience in Excel, Word, Outlook, and SAP
- CRM is a plus
- Ability to listen to internal and external customers and understand needs and follow up in a timely manner.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and plan working schedule.
- Work independently but in cooperation with otherinternal departments.
- Ability to problem solve, stress resistance
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
Job number: US00259