PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
May advise physicians and other health practitioners on the selection, dosage, interactions, and side effects of medications.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor drug therapies for drug interactions, allergies and contraindications.
- Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Ensure accuracy of all prescriptions by checking all orders, identify any inconsistencies and initiate appropriate action.
- Obtain all licenses required for shipment of Rx products in coordination with Regulatory Affairs.
- Maintain all required files to include: prescription files, patient files and profiles.
- Provide clinical consultations to internal personnel regarding medication for drug interactions, side effects and dosage. Ensure the appropriate storage and security of medicinal products and supplements to provide purity, freshness and potency.
- Maintain continuous knowledge with all current pharmacy practices and new drugs by participating in continuing education programs as required by each state board of pharmacy. Keep up with all company regulatory standards and policies.
- Provide pharmacy coverage with daily schedules, vacation schedules and call offs due to illness during pharmacy business hours.
- Provide documented orientation and training for different departmental staff. Provide review and evaluation of staff if needed.
- May provide assistance to junior level staff with more complex tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions.
- May escalate issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Serve as after-hours/on-call pharmacist for counseling.
Travel is required for this position 10-15%.
Bachelor’s Degreerequired; Advanced Degree desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 yearrequired, but not preferred.
- Must be willing to secure jurisprudence in individual states which require separate pharmacy licenses before granting reciprocity with their state on an as needed basis.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- In-depth knowledge of pharmacy laws for Rx drugs and devices.
Job ID 18000FKM