Acts as liaison between customer, sales, and production facilities across the platform. Plan and coordinate the production of print jobs in order to achieve the objectives of the service agreement in compliance of customer expectations, company policy, and profit and quality requirements. Applies understanding of customer’s business needs in building solid customer relationships, monitoring customer satisfaction, and providing consulting in conjunction with RR Donnelley sales. Are the primary point of contact for customer-required services across all locations in the platform.
- Apply knowledge of customer’s business (organization structure, value chain, strategic plans, etc.) to partner with Sales to assess and develop processes to deliver on service quality and solutions development for the customer. Communicate the requirements to all locations in the platform.
- Primary resource and back up for the Sales group. Provide solutions, develop pricing and provides original/revised job requirements to Planning.
- Partners with Sales to develop and execute on strategic customer plans, build contract provisions, and develop sales forecasts.
- As the primary point of contact, manage high profile, complex and/or major accounts which print across multiple plants in the platform.
- Provides recommendations to process improvements to bolster improved quality, customer satisfaction, increased productivity and lower operating costs.
- Oversees the production process from point of sale until final delivery of customer’s product, analyzing customer requirements to determine completeness
- Review customer requirements for adherence to platform capabilities and provide efficient and economical production alternatives as needed.
- Enter orders into production, and issues and revises instructions for manufacturing
- Coordinate the delivery of customer-supplied and other production materials across the platform.
- Maintains active communication with and provide job status updates to customer, sales and manufacturing.
- Facilitate the resolution of production-related problems and conduct appropriate service recovery process.
- Provides leadership, career development and procedural assistance to the junior Print Production Account Specialists.
Lead job duties
- Ensure that needed resources and tools are available to complete daily work assignments.
- Maintain current knowledge of all operating procedures, policies, written instructions, and other directives.
- Ensure that work schedules will be covered during approved absences and unplanned absences.
- May check work to ensure work sequences, procedures, methods, and deadlines have been met.
- Report to the supervisor on status and progress of work and causes of work delays.
- Answer questions of the supervisor on overall work operations and problems.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Bachelordegree in discipline related to functional work or role with 8-9 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions. Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions. Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems. Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments. Able to mentor junior level team members in the use of tools and/or systems in the position.
Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted. Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer. Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.