Job Description : SUMMARY:
This position, reporting to the Director of Sales, has responsibility for direct management of the Inside Sales team that manages customer global customer transactions flowing into our engineering department and manufacturing operations.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a team of Inside Sales Representatives servicing regional and global customers, driving performance to produce a world-class customer experience. Coach and mentor the team to achieve professional growth and accountability for the complete customer experience, enabling external sales teams to focus on business development.
- Provide direct transactional and day-to-day support for a select group of key accounts.
- Establish a leadership position as sales team "Champion" for the customer experience. Using a collaborative style, lead by example with positive approaches to challenging situations where support from teams in operations and/or engineering is required. Model customer advocacy with a balance between assertiveness and empathy to help drive organizational performance towards improved customer satisfaction.
- Function as a leader for Continuous Improvement (CI) activities on behalf of global sales; drive problem solving, waste reduction, and process improvement activities.
- Report and monitor team metrics. Using data analysis skills, provide insight into customer performance and tracking to corporate objectives. Optimize and adjust account loads of team to ensure level workloads and maximum efficiency. Support the wider sales team's need for reporting and analytics by developing expertise in reporting tools and analysis development.
- Collaborate with global counterparts in sharing of best practices and continuous improvement activities.
- Inside Sales Representatives: The ISR’s manage front line customer relationships including transactional work such as order and quotation processing. The ISR also takes part in continuous improvement activities, collaborates with internal teams to achieve customer objectives, and partners with outside sales for customer development.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS, COMPETENCES & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or similar field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience managing a customer service team, (5) years or more preferred. Proven aptitude for driving a winning customer experience.
- Strong customer focus and proven ability to establish rapport for building strong external and internal relationships.
- Experience managing the needs of global customers and an understanding of cultural differences in business practices
- Experience with medium-complexity contracts, management of payment terms, Letters of Credit, and global logistics. Government contracting experience desirable.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably with engineered products requiring relatively complex proposal generation and order management.
- Business reporting acumen with skills in data analysis using database systems, able to present information and identify action from the data. Experience with CRM systems desired.