Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
The Customer Service Manager initiates, coordinates, analyzes and manages customer service initiatives to meet customer service goals. Assists in the development and implementation of customer service programs. Interfaces, obtains buy-in and coordinates activities with management on customer service programs. Manages assigned customer service staff and acts as liaison between customer, operations and sales.
- Monitors the organization's level of customer satisfaction in assigned location. This may include analysis and comparison of this organization's customer service function with those of recognized customer service leaders. This may also include establishing performance targets for customer satisfaction.
- Identifies and categorizes elements associated with the organization's level of customer satisfaction.
- Interacts with management to obtain feedback, recommend customer service initiatives and to implement agreeable actions.
- Coordinates the activities of direct reports within location to enhance communication, eliminate redundant efforts and to view opportunities to consolidate customer service efforts.
- Monitors customer satisfaction reviews. Develops corrective action plans as required to improve levels of customer satisfaction.
- Oversees management of customer leads and opportunities using the Customer Relationship Management system.
- Manages the performance of direct reports by defining accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing feedback and guidance, and ensuring that all policies are understood and adhered to.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the location's customer service budget.
- University degree (equivalent to a Bachelor's degree) plus five years of progressive customer service experience with a minimum three years management experience in an operational environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage employees, including other department leaders: setting performance standards and goals, managing employee relations issues, identifying training needs and addressing those needs, planning and executing against required staffing levels, assisting in operational planning, recommending annual operating goals.
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals within budget and other resource constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to respond appropriately to customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate outcomes.
- Ability to travel (up to 25%).
Job ID 2017-6774