The Manager of Customer Service will be responsible for providing leadership and support for the Customer Service team. This role is responsible for executing strategies and driving team members to effectively provide best-in-class customer service for clients at The RealReal. The Manager will support the Customer Service team and functions across all contact channels to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction and service-level achievement. This is an exciting role for someone who loves putting the customer first and is ready to hit the ground running with a quickly growing eCommerce business.
- Development, implementation and consistent execution of best-in-class customer service standards.
- Manage a team of Customer Service Representatives and assist in resolving daily escalated issues in a timely and professional manner
- Continuously evaluate, identify and support opportunities to drive process improvements that will increase accurate output from the Customer Service team. Accurately compile and generate reports as they relate to customer service.
- Manage, report on, and develop a deep understanding of the overall performance of the customer service organization: service levels, customer satisfaction, budget and revenue generation opportunities.
- Provide a voice of the customer feedback loop to the business.
- Highlight recurring issues and suggest ways to streamline the platform in order to avoid these issues going forward.
- Review, change, and improve processes where necessary to facilitate continuous departmental improvement in line with enhancing customer experience and organizational efficiency
- 5+ years of experience managing customer service teams or call center operations.
- Passion for putting the customer first and managing teams to drive success.
- Prior working knowledge of call center productivity statistics, service levels, first call resolution, call abandonment, wait time, call wrap up time and scheduling.
- Hands-on and enthusiastic leadership style with excellent interpersonal skills – can connect with staff at all levels and effectively manage change.
- Experience managing service teams with demonstrated track record of results.
- Experience managing workforce planning, processes and training in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Proven ability to build & execute customer-centric strategies.
- Ability to coordinate with various functional teams to drive improvement in the customer experience.
- Comfortable with taking a hands-on approach to all areas of Customer Service.
- Must have strong computer skills.