TE Connectivity's Customer Service Teams interact with customers, company sales and/or service representatives to handle a variety of pre-sales or post-sales service functions. They take and process transactions via phone, internet and correspondence from customers and representatives and respond to inquiries about TE’s products or services. They may promote and sell our company's products or services as well as investigate and resolve customer complaints. A key area of focus is to develop strong business relationships via TE's Extraordinary Customer Experience strategy.
Reporting to the Global Senior Manager of Products and Distribution, this position will be responsible for leading a global team of Customer Service Representatives in the TE Marine Oil & Gas (MOG) Business Unit. The Customer Service Manager directs the department to ensure extraordinary customer satisfaction. The Manager provides strategic insight and day-to-day direction for the Customer Service teams based on industry knowledge and customer service requirements. Working in a fast-paced environment, the Manager is responsible for delivering a level of service which builds strong customer relationships in order to make TE MOG the supplier of choice. The Manager is responsible for the continuing development of all associates in the department. The Manager is responsible for the identification of candidates promotable to positions of greater responsibility within TE. The Manager utilizes their business acumen to recognize new business opportunities and prevent the loss of existing business. The manager must have the ability to handle multiple job assignments including special projects as assigned.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Help determine the strategic direction of the Customer Service function. Drive business unit tactics that support corporate strategies.
- Lead Talent Upskilling initiative within Customer Service Team.
- Encourage open minded problem solving within Customer Service Team.
- Motivate team and get internal & external buy in to new strategic direction of Customer Service function.
- Ability to manage time and multiple projects spanning the Customer Service team, TE MOG Business Unit, TE’s Customer Excellence Function, etc.
- Work with the Customer Service Team Leaders to ensure a high service level is being maintained for our customers as well as an even distribution of work load
- Monitor day to day activities to ensure that Team Leaders and team members fulfill their responsibilities
- Manage continuous improvement through various quality programs like TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) both internally as well as externally (at customer)
- Based on TEOA activities, recommend new and revised procedures and/or practices relating to area of responsibility and drive implementation as necessary
- Negotiate directly with Vice Presidents, Directors and Managers, both internally and externally, to establish customized services in the interest of increasing sales and profits. Obtain cooperation from Production Control, Pricing, Marketing, Traffic, Engineering, etc.
- Prepare and administer an annual operating and capital budget for the department. Recommend capital equipment acquisition.
- Manage the human resources within the business unit, including staffing levels. Evaluate direct reports and front line associates through daily observation and the annual evaluation process and decide upon promotions, transfers, merit increases and disciplinary action
- As requested by top management, prepare information relating to business conditions reflecting on the possible needs for additional resources (people), raw material and equipment based on backlog, new order input and expediting conditions
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years in Customer Service field with 3years supervisory or management experience
- Supervisory or management experience within customer service
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Demonstrated ability in Change management and ability to effectively drive change within an organization
- Demonstrated success of building effective teams, influencing and engaging employees
- US Person required (US Citizen/National and or US lawful Permanent Residents)
- Strong understanding of all aspects of order fulfillment and logistics processes
- Keen understanding of Industry and Customer Specific needs and ability to offer timely and appropriate solutions
- Understanding and working knowledge of call service technologies, standard Customer Service practices, budgetprocesses and cost savings initiatives
- Knowledge of functional areas such as Materials, Pricing, Credit and Sales and Quality
- Up to date with current industry and Customer trends and service skills
- Strong understanding of processes
- Strong Project Management & Time Management Skills