This Customer Service Manager is responsible for overseeing the Customer Service functions conducted by a site-specific team of employees representing multiple brands and channels.
The manager will provide higher level leadership to a team consisting of 8 to 12 direct reports to drive continuous improvement in service levels resulting in an optimal customer experience.
- Provide direct supervision for Customer Service Supervisors; effectively coach, mentor and develop.
- Track team metrics and goals to ensure department delivers high quality service to the customer base of MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. (MBCI).
- Analyze critical business trends to develop recommendations and implement plans that improve service delivery and business goal attainment.
- Provide business process expertise in modeling/mapping business processes; conducts as-is/to-be business process analysis; is instrumental in business process re-engineering and influence change management
- Collaborate with IT and other functional leaders to prepare for and implement a new ERP for DA
- Develop and implement process improvements to enhance the customer experience.
- Maintain and advance relationships with Marketing, Logistics, Manufacturing, Sales and Support Functions.
- Anticipate and plan strategically for future business needs and improvements while maintaining ongoing daily operations.
- Monitor workload and ensure appropriate staffing/resources are available.
- Assist with escalated calls/customer issues as needed.
- Contribute to and/or lead project teams related to product launches, system enhancements, etc.
- Effectively manage the Customer Service budget.
- Drive strategic change within the Customer Service organization
- Consistently demonstrate the Six for Success: Be Trustworthy, Commit to your Team, Listen to Understand, Serve your Customer, Prepare and Plan, and Drive Results
- All other duties as may be assigned at management's discretion
Attributes & Characteristics
- Ability to lead and influence others in a team environment
- Ability to coach and counsel reports
- Strong communication skills – verbal, written and presentation
- Analytical and strategic planning skills; problem-solving skills
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and drive execution of strategic plans
- Proven project management skills
- Attention to detail and process mapping skills
- Flexible; ability to adapt style/approach based on situational dynamics
- Motivated to succeed, results driven
- Ability to travel ~10% - to MBCI Corporate office, Mexico plants, and Home Depot store visits required for special assignments.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s-level degree in Business or a related field is preferred.
- 5-8+ years of experience in Customer Service in a supervisory/management position is preferred
- The Customer Service Manager reports directly to the Director of Customer Service in Jasper, IN
- This position reports through the Operations Department