Zip-Pak, headquartered in Carol Stream, is seeking a customer service manager. Zip-Pak is part of ITW and a leader in resealable packaging.
Full responsibility for the management of the Customer Service Department, including developing top performers in an environment of continuous improvement
- Ensures that each team member provides a world-class customer experience every time by coaching and instilling a culture of total customer satisfaction
- Maintain correct pricing for customers in business system and ensure proper approvals
- Lead the execution and maintenance of customer contracts
- Maximizes customer satisfaction by implementing new processes/procedures, KPI’s, resolving problems; providing advice, proactively contacting customers, etc.
- Assist in processing escalated customer issues, and responding to customer communication via phone and email
- Continually identifies and implements process improvements to streamline operations and increase productivity
- Partners with the management team to align department policies and systems to achieve the company’s objectives
- Develops, tracks, reports, and creates strategies for improving Customer Service KPIs to measure response time, order processing efforts, and dept. first time quality (FTQ)
- Serves as a liaison between the customer service team and all depts., including manufacturing, purchasing, sales and finance to promote collaboration for the advantage of the customer and the company
- Partnering with IT/Finance on implementation of new ERP system, specifically for Customer Service functionality
- Manage key customer order pattern / process changes and communicate pertinent information with cross-functional team
- Sales administration: i.e., Coordinating sample requests, Coordination and maintenance of customer contact lists, etc.
Education: Minimum of Associate’s Degree in related field; Bachelor’s preferred.Experience / Competencies:
- Five (5) years Customer Service Management experience or equivalent; specifically, B2B order process management in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with CRM including use and system administration
- Change management experience
- Strong leadership and ability to coach team members successfully
- Previous experience with International sales transactions and logistics (both import and export)
- Technical knowledge of products and product management.
- Good understanding of business practices and financial knowledge within a manufacturing environment
- Problem-solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills
- Experience analyzing and organizing data to create efficiencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Project management skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and customer service/sales skills
- Proficient in the knowledge and use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as the ability to coach the CS team and Lab team in the daily use of these tools