This position is the on-site representative for an assigned customer account portfolio. This position acts as a customer service advocate, both as primary plant contact for customer specific issues and primary customer contact for plant specific issues. Key responsibilities include purchase order management, quotation management, forecast maintenance and coordination/resolution of open items associated with his/her account portfolio. The negotiation of commercial issues, as well as the formulation, maintenance and communication of key customer projects internally and externally is an important facet of this position. The Plant Sales Representative must also strive to attain and enhance customer relationships. Responsibilities include:
- Owners of “portfolio” of customer accounts—front line eyes, ears, and voice for customer issues
- Manage and Coordinate an assigned customer account portfolio. This includes: All forecasting of firm and anticipated requirements (Support the Demand Planning Process, EBS maintenance, monthly and budget/LRP); Manage and process all purchase orders and changes to orders; Manage the quotation process; Resolution of open items; Coordination of activities with Customer Account Managers and Field Sales
- Purchase Order Management - Internal owner of managing customer orders. This includes: Processing orders and changes to orders; Validating data in EBS; Facilitating timely PO reviews/system approvals; Access and correlation with customer systems/websites; Communicating and resolving exception to orders, Negotiation of customer schedules.
- Quotation Management - Owner of the quotation process. This includes: Receiving and Processing RFQ’s; Coordinating and facilitating the internal review process; Obtaining accurate costs; Formulate quoting strategies and prepare quotations; Presentation for review internally and externally to the customer.
- Negotiate commercial issues which arise in normal course of business. This includes: Pricing and quoting issues; Changes to customer ship schedules; Process and design changes; Coordination of customer development programs.
- Support location on all customer matters which may: (1) Impact customer relations (2) Delay on time input or shipment of customer requirements (3) Impact shipments and/or sales forecast, such as customer push-outs, concession activity, credit or payment problems and any purchase order issues.
- Integral part of formulating, maintaining and communicating customer projects. Communicate to customers and internal colleagues on open items and key projects
- Drawing and specification routing and follow up
- Coordinate with Planning and Manufacturing to communicate delivery recovery plans and issues
- Assist in the coordination of customer visits
- Assist Quality, Engineering and Field Sales with customer return activity
- Provide back up as necessary for non-assigned customer accounts
- Assists in managing Account Receivable balances (coordinate with Accounts Receivable Dept., Account Managers and Customers to resolve open items)
- Maintain and enhance customer relationships
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of Employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), political asylee, or refugee.l be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration, Marketing, Industrial Engineering
Prior supervisory experience