Customer Service Manager
The Customer Service Manager is the primary point of contact for DairiConcepts’ domestic customer service department who works with our external customers delivering high quality service through outstanding support. This person will establish and maintain positive and productive relationships that focus on facilitating outstanding customer experiences. They should understand the customers’ needs and determine to meet them through a central department while adhering to company policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as the manager of the Customer Service Domestic department, which includes invoicing
- Establishes the highest levels of service and support through goals, processes, metrics, and ensuring these are achieved
- Helps the team to provide resolution options for escalated customer complaints and issues by simplifying and strengthening customer experiences by listening to feedback, understanding reasons for dissatisfaction, resolution, and identifying opportunities to improve when possible
- Ensure quality-related issues are entered into our complaint database within established KPI’s (i.e.1 day for critical complaints) to ensure outstanding customer experience from incident reporting to follow-up and execution of RMA or disposal needs
- Works closely with our QA team as needed
- Acts as a liaison between Customer Service and otherinternal departments including Sales, Plants, Finance, Accounting, Quality, Supply Chain, and other management
- This includes attending various meetings as needed to represent the department
- Leads the weekly Customer Service Department meetings with ongoing trainings, guest speakers from internal departments, and periodic reviews of policy and goals
- Ensure Invoicing is performed in a timely manner being aware of our businesses’ end of month needs while storing all documents electronically.
- Makes recommendations for service improvement through policy or procedures when appropriate
- Provides regular and accurate reporting on service performance to support a continuous service improvement process
- Provides a safe, fair, and optimal work environment for the Customer Service staff with varying needs
- Works professionally with all levels within the organization
- Assists the team with escalated customer issues to resolution with a high level of service while evaluating policy, training opportunities, and procedures in the process
- Continues to provide a solid foundation to support the growing needs of the business
- Routine one on one meetings with the team members for personal development and growth
- Other related duties or projects as assigned
Teamwork and Collaboration. May provide and/or receive input from across functional boundaries. Understands organizational mesh points and potential synergies. Integrates team efforts across the organization.
Leadership. Acts with integrity. Treats others with dignity and respect. Models behavior that is consistent with DairiConcepts’ core values. Delivers on commitments and deadlines and holds others accountable for the same.
Communication. Effectively communicates with all levels of the organization. Demonstrates excellent presentation, oral, and written communication skills. Executes outstanding customer communication and relationship building techniques.
- Experience in working cross-functionally with internal departments
- Exhibits strong leadership and people management skills
- Motivates teams in a collaborative environment
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, Outlook, and an ERP system such as SAP or Adage is a plus
- Experience running reports and evaluating qualitative and quantitative data (use of Crystal or MS Power BI a plus)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to make decisions in a high-pressure situation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail and strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Be open-minded and exercise a listen-first approach to ensure shared ownership and effectively motivating key stakeholders to focus on the customer journey and experience
- Big picture thinker with an innovative mindset, coupled with a passion for creating solutions that are efficient, effective and essential
- Minimum of 7 years Customer Service, Service Strategy, or Continuous Service Improvement experience
- Some completed college course work (Bachelor's degree is a plus)
- Indirect or Direct supervisory responsibilities including mentoring, training, goal setting, and performance assessment
- Some knowledge of customer experience theory and methodologies
- Experience with problem solving ensuring root causes are identified and addressed
- Some knowledge of International and Domestic business (food industry experience a plus)
- Not required but advantages include: financial accounting and budgeting principles, project planning and management, quality assurance, and food industry experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Office environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.