The Customer Service Engineer - is an intermediate position that performs tasks related to the repair of a variety of technology-based products typically associated in an end-user computing environment.
• Performs basic and moderately complex troubleshooting and repair activities, typically associated in an end-user environment, including but not limited to PC’s, desktops, laptops, tablets and printers.
• Provide support to client identified VIPs
• Responds to change management requests including installing new PC equipment, providing end-user desk side support and other related activities.
• Perform Install/Move/Add or Change (IMAC) activities.
• Perform all assigned desk-side support activities
• Display outstanding technical and professional services skills at all times
• Meet - established customer service satisfaction levels and other operational/customer service metrics as outlined in established guidelines
• Proactively communicate with the end-user and service desk personnel regarding arrival times, repair time estimates and status of the repair
• Understands and follows all documented service operations policies and procedures.
• Other duties or certifications may be assigned to meet business needs
Education and Experience:
• Typically requires technical school certification or equivalent of 2-4 years of relevant experience
Certifications and/or Qualifications:
• Maintain all required OEM Certifications as directed by Management
• Knowledge of relevant software and hardware systems
• Understanding of ITIL methodologies
• A+ certification is desired
• May require additional customer-specific certifications or training as required
• Excellence in communication and customer-facing skills
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
• Ability to follow instructions and processes with minimal instruction
• Ability to lift and or move various computer equipment up to 50 lbs.
• Must own a basic repair kit
Additional requirements may exist if offer of employment is extended.