Selected as the Top Workplaces in Philadelphia for the past 8years and headquartered in Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania, MSS has an immediate opening for a Customer Service Claims Representative. This person will be responsible for investigation, processing, disposition and resolution of customer or mover claims. We are seeking a motivated and high-energy individual who will develop responsive relationships with customers to resolve and mitigate claims. This position requires a positive individual who can adapt to change.
Claims experience is NOT required to apply for this role; however, all candidates must possess strong customer service skills.
- Promptly respond by phone and/or e-mail to internal and external communications and potential issues or concerns regarding claims.
- Ensure claims resolution by processing claimsreports, sourcing and assigning repair work, tracking and confirming repair firm appointment schedules, and following up through final disposition.
- Resolve routine claims to facilitate prompt denial, payment or repair.
- Actively participate in the settlement of disputed claims while utilizing sound judgment and rapid service response in best interest of company and customers.
- Identify all claims issues and conduct research regarding service repair pricing, mover charge backs, damage investigation and follow-up, claims payment approval, and closing out claims.
- Considerable phone and e-mail communication and follow-up are required.
- All candidates must be able to work an 11:00AM - 8:00PM shift.
- Knowledge of basic technical concepts regarding household specialty items repair, services and parts or ability to learn same on the job.
- PC skills, Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook basic proficiency
- Excellent problem-solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to work effectively and exercise sound business judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers with courtesy, tenacity, professionalism, persistence and tact.
We are staffed from 8:30AM until 9PM to support our customers nationwide. Overtime and some Saturday hours (9AM to 1PM) are required.
MSS provides expert custom crating and specialized handling services to the relocation industry, along with the logistics, local fine arts and commercial crating markets.
MSS Logistics Install Services’ national network of skilled professionals provides consistent, high-quality, customizable solutions for assembly, install and de-install services with a local presence for guaranteed results across simultaneous complex projects with detailed process documentation.
In the national relocation market, MSS partners with moving companies and relocation management corporations in the safe handling of specialty household items by providing crating/uncrating, disconnect/reconnect, and disassembly/assembly services for corporate transferees. Our extensive nationwide subcontractor network and superior customer service makes MSS the nationwide leader in this field.
MSS Local Operations include specialists and design experts who provide custom packing, crating and restoration services. These include the MSS Commercial Crating Division (industrial crating solutions to local manufacturers and distributors) and MSS Fine Arts Division (protecting fine art and antiques for museums, artists, private collectors, auction houses, and galleries).
MSS is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis.
MSS is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, a background check and pre-employment drug testing required.
Position Type: Regular / Fulltime
Location: Montgomeryville, PA 18936