Responsible for processing and tracking customer orders received via phone, fax or mail. Partners with internal departments to manage customer shipments and delivery schedules. Handles all escalated customer inquiries regarding shipment tracking, shortages, overages, quality, etc. Develops documentation and maintains files in accordance with SOX compliance and departmental policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately manages order processing in JDE to include pricing, terms of sale, product, quantity, shipping, special instructions, etc.
- Handles complex order issues according to department guidelines.
- Develops documentation for sales orders.
- Maintains system accuracy on sales orders to reflect realistic ship dates.
- Manages customer files to include pricing, payments, delivery terms, vendor control maintenance sheets, sample requests, etc.
- Partners with internal supply chain departments to manage existing customer orders and ensure their expectations are met.
- Completes all product returns and invoice adjustments in a timely manner ensuring accurate reason codes are applied in JDE and appropriate forms are completed in compliance with department policy.
- Maintains daily contact with Sales Representatives regarding pricing inquires, discrepancies, and status updates.
- Maintains accurate price books and initiates all price increases to ensure they are implemented in the invoicing system as assigned.
- Reports competitive activities to Sales team and processes requests for samples.
- Ensures SOX compliance processes are followed and necessary documents are verified and filed.
- Participates in inventoryaudits as required.
- May coordinate truck deliveries for certain locations with Traffic department
- Business Management degree or equivalent required.
- Degree in sales or marketing preferred.
- 5 years customer service experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- JDE or other main line ERP such as SAP.