Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle
The Customer Service Product Owner manages life cycle product planning activities and high quality delivery of Black Knight products, enhancements, and releases to market. Defines product roadmap to meet market requirements in support of product line strategy by considering position in life cycle, product profitability, pricing strategies, client satisfaction, and sales success rate.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages product plan by ensuring changes in market, business priorities including integration needs, and technology advancements are reflected. Presents status updates at quarterly and annual stakeholder meetings.
- Demonstrates leadership by establishing and articulating a clear vision of success and how goals and objectives will be achieved.
- Prepares and presents product plans. Identifies risks and challenges, opportunities and growth strategies, business integration needs, and retirement plans.
- Prepares and presents product roadmap reviews as well as providing product's general strategic direction.
- Manages project inventory during budget planning process, interlocks on all companion activity, and prioritizes as necessary to execute against plan throughout the year. Determines release dates.
- Monitors and understands product's profit and loss statement. May be responsible for revenue and profitability of assigned products.
- Provides content for product roadmaps, ensures timely delivery, and provides business reasons for any changes/revisions made to roadmaps.
- Engages and interacts with clients during feedback sessions, focus groups, user groups, and requirements gathering sessions.
- Practices open and honest communications with clients.
- Acts as product launch manager when appropriate for new products or rollouts of major releases.
- Collaborates with senior management to provide content for market messages, sales collateral, and as needed RFPs (request for proposal).
- Completes business scope documents and defines and documents user personas for individual products.
- Manages vendor relationships key to product delivery.
- Collaborates with vendor support managers for oversight and maintenance of all secondary and support vendor relationships.
- Interacts with key suppliers and partners.
- Coordinates and facilitates pilot activities acting as primary contact with client, securing pilot agreement, and monitoring progress. Determines success criteria and recommends "go I no go" decision.
- Acts as escalation point for client issues that require product change resolution (does not include standard problem escalation process).
- Determines and approves all service level agreements (SLAs) related to products and includes with business scope documents.
- Works closely with development teams to review enhancement requests for strategic value and align resources to high priority project.
- Presents product information and industry thought leadership to external audiences in webinars and client conferences.
- May require up to 25% travel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of Black Knight products supported
- Experience leading and driving product strategy
- Prior experience as a Product Owner in software product management strongly preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with the application of Agile values, principles, and practices including SAFe a plus.
- Knowledge of the mortgage and home equity servicing industry environment and processes. Mortgage Servicing experience a plus.
- Knowledge of MSP and the functional areas, specifically MSP Customer Service strongly preferred
- Requires general business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision, and executive presence
- Effective presentation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of financial services industry and associated products
- Excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Ability to utilize judgment in decision making process and decisions related to job tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
- Client relationship management skills, understanding and focusing on clients' needs, establishing credibility and building positive, professional, relationships with clients
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Requires strong time management skills, attention to detail, and must be resourceful
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Requires leadership and negotiation skills
Product Manager III
Advanced managerial role that manages activities of an entire product line through several product managers. Establishes operational objectives and work plans and delegates assignments to subordinates. Objectives are reviewed by senior management to determine success of operation. This role is involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations. Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organization objectives, implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results, and establishes and ensures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements. Manages the product revenue and profitability for the assigned product line(s). Completes product investment and profitability analyses, win/loss analyses, business alliance management of key partners and product management metrics. Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning products and/or clients. Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations without damage to the relationship. This level requires the ability to communicate with all levels of management. Typically requires a minimum of ten years of experience in the financial services industry (preferably in product management discipline) as well as management and/or leadership experience. Pragmatic Marketing certification or equivalent is preferred.