At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the number one hospital in California – and among the top five in the country – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
Clinical Systems is responsible for all aspects of the Electronic Health Record (EPIC: APeX- Advancing Patient-Centered Excellence) for UCSF hospitals, practices, affiliates and community partners. As part of the UCSF Clinical Systems (CS) group; the Community Applications team manages all APeX outward facing applications in support of clinical care.
These APeX applications are used by patients, doctors (internal and external), nurses and other healthcare providers to provide clinical care, share information with outside organizations, and our patients. The team works on complex initiatives in extending and expanding the use of our APeX instance both internally and to community hospitals, groups and physician practices. The team also looks to develop and define information technology solutions for improved system integration and functionality applying innovation in management of complex scenarios.
Applicants must be able to adhere and emulate Clinical Systems culture and core values as stated below:
People First: Patients are healthier and families happier with Clinical Systems support them. Our solutions enable providers and staff to pioneer care, train the next generation of clinical leaders, and secure UCSF’s future. We use talent, creativity, and diverse skillsets to tackle tough problems. We strive to be proactive, and make time to innovate, appreciate and connect. When something big is needed, we deliver.
Our Core Values include:
- Judgment: Makes wise decisions, root causes, thinks strategically, and prioritizes what to do now and what can be improved later
- Communication: Listens well, concise and articulate in speech and writing, treat people with respect independent of their status or disagreement with you & maintain calm poise in stressful situations
- Impact: Accomplish amazing amounts of important work, colleagues can rely upon you, focus on results, exhibit bias-to-action, and avoid analysis-paralysis
- Innovation: Find practical solutions to hard problems, suggest better approaches, new ideas that prove useful, stay nimble by minimizing complexity and finding time to simplify
The Customer Relationship Manager, APeX Community Connect is a key role in supporting UCSF Community Connect across the organization. The role will integrate closely with UCSF Clinical Systems, Information Technology, support teams and operations to support the Community Connect customer’s lifecycle engagement with the UCSF Community Connect Program.
The Customer Relationship Manager is accountable for supporting customer-satisfaction and Epic system integration efforts across their assigned clients. The role will:
- Cultivate a collaborative and effective environment through positive and productive relationships with customers
- Proactively communicate delivery and support performance with customer clinics and providers
- Participate in pre-contracting activities, workflow preview demonstrations for prospective clients, and responding to system functionality questions
- Participation in planning, implementation and go-live activities which may include being on site with the client, gathering questions, providing training, etc., tracking issues and requests
- Partners with the implementation teams to ensure a smooth transition back to the post-go-live support team, including familiarity with project decisions, content, issues and outstanding optimization requests, decision tracking, and engaging governance with decision documents and change requests
- Supports clients during post go-live stage by facilitating decision and change requests and issues resolution, serving as primary contact for the region and the Community Connect program and making regularly scheduled visits to each Community Connect customer
- Partner with UCSF Community Connect leadership to plan, prepare and conduct Community Connect user group focus meetings, which include but are not limited to issue discussion, lessons learned, system development updates, functionality voting, communication and upgrade planning
- During visits, observe use of software, make recommendations (tips and tricks), and facilitate workflow and role optimization in the use the system that doesn’t involve build; recognize the customer needs and monitor trends across sites
- Track and monitor performance of Service Level Targets (SLTs) between Community Connect, clinics, and vendors
- Understand and support UCSF Policies and Procedures in support of EHR utilization (e.g. Change Management, Governance, Privacy & Security)
- Uses appropriate tools for documentation, communication and collaboration as defined by UCSF policies and procedures
- Minimum five years consulting and/or healthcare industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in health care information technology, nursing, computer science, or related area
- Broad knowledge of applicable program policies, practices and systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Position requires strong interpersonal communication, group process development, meeting facilitation, conflict resolution skills and ability to work effectively across the organization at all levels
- Strong client services orientation, listening, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Able to travel based on client and business needs
- Strong collaboratively skills required to work with other locations / departments
- Demonstrated management and conflict resolution skills to effectively lead and motivate others
- Proven skills to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify multiple options for resolution
- Strong skills in organization and customer service to effectively manage multiple important priorities
- Use of MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Project, Visio, PowerPoint)
- The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations
- Master's degree – MBA / MPH
- Epic Systems Certifications in (Ambulatory, Cadence / Prelude / Professional Billing or other)
- Deep understanding of healthcare regulatory and legislation issues, such as Meaningful Use, ICD-10, ACOs, Clinical Transformation, etc
- Strong working knowledge of Epic application suite
- Proven ability to influence / persuade all levels of staff
Living Pride Standards
- Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center’s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
- Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
- Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
- Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
- Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
- Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
- Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
- Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Job ID: 15484