The Customer Quality Manager will work onsite at FCA in Auburn Hills, providing quality resolution to the customer throughout the product lifecycle (development, launch, and warranty). The person in this role will be the voice of the customer within Harman, and will work in cross functional teams (program management, engineering, and operations) in addressing customer concerns.
- Lead weekly 0-km response cross-functional team meeting to drive root cause analysis to resolution/closure in a timely manner ensuring PDCA for corrective actions.
- Investigate any End Of Line test (Huntsville) related concerns using diagnostic tools available and document the findings which includes (but not limited to): part number level, VIN, SW level, serial number, observed DTC/EOL failure.
- Obtain vehicle BUS logs of concerns as they occur in vehicle and incorporate in problem solving.
- Represent Harman at customer meetings for quality/warranty issues.
- Support customer quality continuous improvement initiatives and Safe Launch Plan activities
- Lead weekly warranty response cross-functional team meeting to drive root cause analysis and ensure completion of PDCA for corrective actions
- Support and set up warranty return analysis with the OEM, including in-vehicle evaluation (where needed).
- Lead problem analysis and improvement efforts by applying, training and encouraging the use of modern quality tools - such as FMEA, 8D methodologies.
- Ensure information flow related to customer returns and warranty problems to appropriately address both design and manufacturing causes; and to facilitate awareness and deployment of countermeasures as lessons learned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five+ years' of previous experience in Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Warranty, or Program Management
- Experience with statistical methods, problem solving methodologies (8D, 3x5 Why, PPAP, FMEA, and automotive quality management systems
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Experience with electronics, or electromechanical manufacturing highly desired
- ISO 14001 and TS 16949Experience
- Experience with FCA manufacturing, quality and engineering
- FCA Supplier Portal
- Over five years of technical electronics manufacturing experience highly desired