As a member of the Google Cloud Communications team, you will collaborate with other cross-functional teams to communicate with journalists and thought leaders, develop specific communications materials and devise thought leadership campaigns. You'll engage in face-to-face meetings with internal executives and external opinion formers, develop print and web-based materials supporting these campaigns, and counter misinformation that may impact business and our ability to serve our users.
As Manager for Customer Public Relations (PR) on the Google Cloud Communications team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate our customer stories to the market. Partnering closely with executive leadership from sales and the customer team in marketing, you will work to tell our customer’s stories in a variety of venues. You will help to generate new references by participating in the quarterly earnings process, work with the product teams to ensure launches include customers, and work with our agency on strategic media coverage. You will work with journalists and other thought leaders; devise communications materials, campaigns and plans; engage in events and meetings with key stakeholders; and counter misinformation.
On the Google Cloud Communications team, it's our job to help inform and educate users, developers, customers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google Cloud products, our distinctive company culture/values, and our approach to the market opportunity.
It's our job to help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values, and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. We are looking for quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious people to join the team. To succeed here, you'll need to be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous different projects to tight deadlines simultaneously, as well as enjoy pitching to all kinds of journalists, bloggers and commentators (we find it hard too!), or producing internal communications and events for our employees. Things happen quickly at Google and to get stuff done here you need to be an enthusiastic team player - a self-starter who can work cross-functionally and isn't frightened to take risks or try out new ways of doing things.
- Build new programs that can scale with the business.
- Secure participation from customers in a variety of PR activities ranging from media to events.
- Develop strategies and own day-to-day execution of public relations related to Google Cloud customers.
- Educate business press, analysts and other influencers about Google Cloud.
- Manage ongoing executive communications opportunities including media briefings, speaking engagements, and customer and partner activities.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant PR, media, or corporate communications experience.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work while managing multiple projects.
- Ability to engage with senior executives and leadership teams, with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Established media relationships and an understanding of cloud technologies.
- Sense of accountability and ownership, combined with ability to delegate, motivate and develop team members.
- Excellent research and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly identify trending topics and issues with a defined point of view.
- Effective, clear writing style and editing skills.