Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Customer Project Engineer – MultiSight by Schneider-Electric - United States – Fresno, California MultiSight is a Video Surveillance as a Service (VSaaS) solution that leverages the power of video to deliver operational efficiency to retailers, restaurants, convenience stores, and other multi-location businesses. MultiSight is centered around making video and retail analytics simple, approachable and valuable for our customers. Every feature, every addition to the service is viewed through the eyes of our customers. Learn more about MultiSight by Schneider Electric at MultiSight.com What do you get to do in this position? the Customer Project Engineer is responsible for project management of all MultiSight deployments and implementations. The position is the primary point of contact for: 1) technical system design and architecture, 2) project management and deployment, 3) questions from assigned customers, 4) technical support level 3 & 4. The position reports to our VP of Operations and is located in Fresno, California. Essential Functions:
- During pre-sales process, be the solution architect to supporting field sales managers with technical system design.
- Project management of MultiSight deployments: executes sales contract, conduct site surveys including camera placement, coordinate installers and logistic, support installer during installations, coordinate logistic with warehouse/billing, etc.
- Is the primary point-of-contact for the Installers, answering any technical questions, network configuration, troubleshoot system backend during system deployment, validate camera placement, etc.
- Develop a project schedule, risk management plan, and communication plan to ensure stakeholder expectations are met (internally and externally). Direct engagement with the internal engineering and third- party vendors may be required. Confirms project plan elements with the customer and internal stakeholders (e.g., project planning).)
- Monitor and control the performance of the customer’s project through its lifecycle. Key activities include: task completion verification, project team monitoring, managing project updates across team members, schedulereporting, issue resolution, contract administration, and risk management (monitor and control project work).
- Lead the close-out of the project to include financial reconciliation, verification of job-site equipment arrival, installation, start-up, and training support completion through review of internal system information, contact with the customer, and coordination with support services such as field services, after-shipment support, and training functions. Validate project performance against target profitability. (Project Close)
- Customer onboarding: technically train new customers on how to use MultiSight Service.
- Customer support: Provide direct support for the day-to-day questions arising from customers as they relate to, but not limited to, billing, support, delivery, troubleshooting, level 3 & 4 technical support, etc.
- Assist with the account management for assigned territories, or accounts, providing support for the responsible sales team members.
- Follows up, expedite and coordinate assigned account issues, solve problems, requests literature for customers, assists in sales functions, interfaces with finance, product support, engineering, IT and other support departments to solve issues, as required.
- Takes ownership of critical customer issues and follows issue-resolution through to completion.
- Assists sales team with various aspects of corporate contact, including but not limited to, price change notifications, designing promotional pieces, tracking trade shows and special events, and compiling appropriate sales analytical metrics.
- Assists the sales team by coordinating sales and marketing support requests from sales team and Outside Rep Firms, as needed, for sales opportunities.
- Accepts overflow sales calls as needed.
- Ensure a safe and environmentally friendly work environment for team members.
This job might be for you if you have:
- A Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or other technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three-five years’ experience in system deployments, networkarchitecture and video system design.
- Minimum three-five years’ experience in managing large new product development projects.
- Strong project management skills.
- Expert level knowledge and experience in personal computer and software programs, including Microsoft Office, salesforce.com, and Google Docs.
- Knowledge of the video security industry and its products, a plus.
- Knowledge of basic sales management principles and processes, a plus.
- Ability to perform debugging of network issues brought forth from field installers and customers.
- Ability to work with customer’s IT department to solve remote networking and security issues.
- Knowledge of mathematics and basic statistics.
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, third party installers, company management, fellow employees and subordinates.
- Ability to solve customer-related problems in a positive manner.
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects in real-time.
- Ability to work independently, in a transformational environment, required.
- Experience in customer quality and delivery excellence.
- Speak, read and write English fluently, required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, required.