This job is a first-level manager within a site. Provides direct management to semi-skilled and entry level professional employees performing diverse and/or specialized roles, or employees in more than one function or work group. This includes establishing annual plans/objectives and interpretation of policies related to the functional area. Contributes to policy development. Work is performed within established professional standards and practices. Receives assignments in the form of tasks and goals and follows established processes to meet the goals of the unit. Executes budgets, develops schedules, and enforces policies and procedures. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may have a negative impact on the site's/department’s operations, schedules, and/or performance goals. Provides immediate supervision to employees in more than one function or work group, assigning tasks and checking work at regular intervals. Directs subordinates to achieve assignments using established guidelines, procedures, and policies. Makes hiring and firing decisions. Reviews employees’ performance and recommends employee compensation; coaches for improved performance and disciplines as necessary. Interacts directly with subordinates and peer groups. Builds strong internal and external relationships that require exchanging of information and providing explanations in a problem solving capacity.
Performs tasks such as, but not limited to, the following:
TActs as the primary interface between the customer and the company for managing specific programs to achieve planned revenue and profits for smaller customer accounts. Works as a member of teams responsible for day-to-day activities of customer accounts to ensure that product deliveries are on time and that projects/programs are on schedule. Coordinates and hosts regular (as needed) program tracking meetings with the customer and internal account team members to ensure ongoing communication and up-to-date progress/status reporting occurs. With guidance from more experienced team members, manages current and planned programs to achieve planned revenue. Communicates frequently with customers to help ensure satisfaction with the company and the products. Receives and resolves customer issues and complaints. Monitors the impact on inventory of order changes. Provides performance reporting and analysis for monthly Operations Reviews and quarterly Customer Performance Reviews.
- In-depth knowledge of the manufacturing process, schedules and scheduling requirements, and SCM.
- In-depth knowledge of the business issues associated with manufacturing PCBs.
- In-depth knowledge of product pricing, contracts and contract negotiations.
- Thorough understanding of business risks and price make up (Value add and Materials) .
- Excellent customer contact, negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Good presentation, database management and computer skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, detailed projects to a successful end while working under tight time deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate a diverse group of employees to achieve high production within tight time deadlines.
- Duties of this position are performed in a normal office environment.
- Duties may require extended periods of sitting and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed data.
- Five to seven years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or consideration of an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Educational Requirements may vary by Geography