SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Lead all in-store operational activity with Strategic Customer Team. Develop and Implement retail execution plans for Strategic Customer Team. Develop Sales Plan priorities for Broker partner to optimize business results, while tracking customer results. Coordinate in-store support with Retail Operations Teams and manage/track Broker Retail Budget’s and performance at customer level.
- Implement and understand Retail Operations and execution plans for Strategic Customer teams. Work with internal stakeholders to chronologically prioritize and complete activities to optimize results.
- Work with Team Leader Retail Operations and Retail Execution Managers to execute defined Retail strategies for Strategic Customer Team. Identify objectives and track progress with performance metrics.
- Manage Retail Broker Budget for Strategic Customer Team. Conduct monthly reviews of documentation from broker partner to validate performance.
- Conduct formal quarterly reviews with appropriate Broker Partner to assess performance with objectives.
- Advise Director Customer Development and Customer Business Team on status initiatives, competitive intelligence and relevant market/customer insights.
- Identify and share Retail Operations best practices within Strategic Grocery Team and across Customer Development Team.
- Manage innovative leadership, facilitate and support integration of expertise into business planning and decision-making processes. Be an inspiring leader and build Talent, providing motivation to team members to become an "indispensable resource" to customers.
- Precisely communicate in prompt timely manner with various levels of workers.
- Coordinate and implement cross-functional initiatives supporting retail in areas of Supply Chain, Finance, Customer Marketing and Shopper Insights support teams.
- Assist in managing development of tactical business plans to deliver market budgets and business initiatives.
- Ability to assess business views strategically.
- Ability to adapt and support the organization through times of change.
- Ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing to individuals and groups.
- Ability to communicate precise innovative Sales business solutions to customers and team leaders.
- Ability to operate and use telephone, computer/laptop and other technological devices/software programs to communicate with other people.
- Ability to proficiently use and perform key functions of Microsoft Excel software program.
- Ability to travel via aircrafts, and operate and drive motor vehicles for business travel, with valid driver license.
- Ability to analyze, establish and manage SG&A budget, with financial acumen.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Promptly reconcile and communicate changes and conduct team adjustment to new changes. Adjusting to meet requirements of changing conditions/situations. Maintain effectiveness of varying environments with different tasks, responsibilities and people.
- Render judgments and make timely decisions in alignment with business objectives. Set priorities and proactively identify issues, underlying problems and potential solutions to develop plan of action. Evaluate cause and effect relationships.
- Keep team leader informed on status of plans and programs, changing conditions, requirements of marketplace, competitive activity, issues and accomplishments that may affect sales results.
Travel up to 50% of the work time. May include prolong periods of sitting, typing, viewing computer/laptop screens, along with occasional bending, reaching, lifting, carrying, climbing, twisting, stooping and standing.
Education required: Minimum of Bachelors degree.
Experience: At least five years of progressive exempt status experience in customer development and customer management, or equivalent in other business functions.
Preferred Experience/Qualifications: Knowledge of K-C organizational structure, products and categories and Customer Development policies and procedures are a plus. Ability to develop and interpret market, business and financial analysis supporting execution of regional business. Knowledge of and experience with K-C planning process and ProMAX software is a plus.
Skills/Competencies: Results, strategy and vision orientation, leadership, strong oral and written communication, ethical judgment and decision making, change management, analytical, project and risk management and building relationships
Other Skills: Mentoring, prioritization and time management, resources and team management, active listening, adaptability, interpersonal and social perspectives
Reports to Sr. Team Leader of Customer Development. Interacts with Director, U.S. Retail Operations, National Customer Team and Customer Development staff.