Customer Operations Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Agriculture
Customer Operations Manager
Our client is a leading agri-business operating from seed to shelf in 70 countries, supplying food and industrial raw materials to over 16,200 customers worldwide. Our team of 62,500 employees has built a leadership position in many businesses including cocoa, coffee, cashew, rice and cotton.
The CustomerOperations Manager will be part of the Edible Nuts team and will be responsible for CustomerOperations, Document Execution for Imports & Exports, implementing and maintaining systems and procedures for operating efficiency of the business execution. The ideal candidate will be accountable for developing, maintaining, and nurturing relationships with our customers and various business partners to ensure timely fulfillment and execution of our orders which are processed and shipped across the US and across the World. This position will interact and coordinate with Product linelinemanagement (traders), sales team, logisticsoperations, within the organization as well as third party plants & warehouses to maximize efficiency, and improve overall supply chain service levels. This position will report to the VP Walnuts & Pistachios & the Director - Almonds.
Responsibilities of the Customer Operations Manager
Shipping & Logistics
- Responsible for our client's customeroperations to fulfill, and ship products valued over $300 million
- Supervise a small team of professionals
- Support multiple overseas offices within our client's Edible Nuts portfolio to achieve strategic business goals & meet customer service levels
- Continually monitor team/department for process improvement opportunities to implement and maximize operating efficiencies
- Liaise with our client's global business services team to handle issues and resolve exceptions
- Manage, lead, motivate, and develop team members
Qualifications of the Customer Operations Manager
- Minimum of 3 years of logistics/customer management experience
- Track record of building and managing large teams spread across multiple locations
- Ability to handle Fortune 1,000 customer expectations and relationships
- Overall experience: 3+ years in a management role
- Experience in handling customeroperations of large businesses in the food sector preferred
- Knowledge of food/commodities industry practices, terminology and settlement process is a plus
Skills & Personal Characteristics
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong process orientation and attention to detail
- The ability to win the confidence of others – internal and/external customers, suppliers, business units, and management
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Strong practical accounting, analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task within a progressive organization
- Exceptional change management leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degreerequired. Emphasis in Finance, Business or Operations Management is preferred
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned or directed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Compensation for the Customer Operations Manager
- Salary for the CustomerOperations Manager $60,000 - $95,000
More information about the job
Are you open to sponsorship? No
This position is: New Position
Is there a possibility to work remote? No
Is there equity? No
Are there flexible work hours? No
Does this position have direct reports? Yes
Who does this position report to? VP Walnuts & Pistachios & the Director - Almonds.
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
- BachelorsDegreeExperience managing team of logistics professionals
- Experience handling customeroperations for local and domestic customers
What are the nice-to-have skills? Food and beverage or agriculture background
What is exciting about this opportunity?
This is an entirely new position due to our rapid growth. There are immense opportunities for growth and the chance to make this role your own.