- The CustomerMarketing Manager will be accountable for the development and execution of the marketing plans for a defined Commercial Unit.
- Participates in and contributes to cross-functional Seeds team activities as assigned.
- The Customer Marketing Manager will lead the development of Commercial Unit plans consisting of Customer Campaigns designed to drive corn and soybean sales by channel.
- Will work with Product Management, Marketing to Settlement Manager, Marketing Leads, Sales, and KAM to develop strategies/tactics at the grower and channel level.
- Develop and lead a Commercial Unit “marketing team,” composed of marketing leads and a marketing specialist that will develop and execute a service model for Sales and KAM to effectively deliver business results.
- Work with Customer Marketing Managers from other Commercial Units, and Marketing Leads to develop aligned processes and timelines for all Marketing plans and campaigns.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure campaign alignment and focus around micro-markets and customer segmentation.
- Managing the processes within the assigned customer marketing team that allows the team to:
- Create effective customer campaigns within the defined commercial unit.
- Allocate and manage flexible marketing resources in coordination with commercial units
- Activate contingency plans based on monthly sales and operations planning (PreSOP) process
- Provide input to the Monthly Latest Estimate (MLE)/Forecast process at the commercial unit level.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the head of the Commercial Unit to ensure all campaign elements are executed with excellence through well-paced campaign exchanges.
- Closely interact with customer marketing and product management to build effective product centric plans and to ensure products and offers are properly positioned.
- Regularly provide training and capability requirements to the learning and development group.
- People Development: Direct reports will likely have experiences from outside of marketing. They may be hired in these roles as an opportunity to “gain” marketing experience prior to advancing to other roles.
- Develop a basic understanding of key crops: timing, market information, crop strategies and grower needs.
- Develop a single Marketing Plan in alignment with seasonal selling cycle
- Establish relationships with Commercial Unit Heads, Product leads, and Customer Marketing
- Key stakeholder in Syngenta Seed Customer Marketing Leadership Team: Shape plans and collaborate across boundaries in the Syngenta Seed and Crop Protection Customer Marketing Leadership Team.
Knowledge, experience & capabilities Critical knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/ Marketing/ Finance.
- Passion and deep understanding of agriculture, marketplace dynamics, competitive environment and Syngenta customer needs.
- Excellent creativity skills coupled with a strong customer focus orientation.
- Excellent communications (i.e., PowerPoint, oral and written), interpersonal, negotiating, analytical, problem solving/decision making, teamwork and planning/organizing skills.
- Understanding and utilization of MaSE methodology.
- Understanding of key business drivers for profitable growth
- 5-10 years of sales or marketing experience
- Experience in leading and developing a team of direct reports
- Requires strong understanding of seed and crop protection distribution systems.
- Experience in developing and managing an annual budget
Critical technical, professional, and personal capabilities
- Experience working in marketing strategy, building and executing Marketing plans and developing compelling offers and tactics.
- Understanding of crop protection, seeds/traits industry value chain and dynamics
- Passion and interest in serving channel partners and farmers, including understanding of their needs and wants, way-of-business
- Knowledge of sales organization, including understanding their needs, timing, and how to communicate stories and materials effectively for them.
- Ability to build good relationships and work cross-functionally (especially within marketing and commercial operations)
- High-functioning communications skills (both verbal and written); ability to interface with senior leadership
- Creative/Innovative thinking
- Strong grasp of financial metrics and analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong public presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite capabilities (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint)