Customer Marketing Manager - National Chain Restaurants Foodservice
This is a newly created role and will drive strategy between the Sales and Marketing functions for National Account Chain Restaurants:
- Position is located in upstate New York area - successful candidate must be able to relocate to US HQ.
- Relocation package is included
- MUST have Foodservice marketing and/or sales background selling to National Chain Restaurants HQ.
- MUST have worked for a Food manufacturing company.
Working with the National Account team, this position will be responsible for development and implementation of the strategy, targets, and plans for the National Accounts business. Work with National Account Sales to develop and implement customer specific marketing strategies that capitalize on opportunities to drive volume and profit. Will work with Marketing Managers to assist in the organizing and management of approved National Account custom product development from conceptual stages through final product development to meet customer specifications and optimize profit and growth objectives.
- Responsible for implementing customized sales and national marketing programs for National Chain Restaurants.
- Represent, protect and grow our Brand within assigned customers and new ones.
- Personally interact with customers to gather information on industry developments and to identify opportunities. Identify market trends. Utilize this data and analysis in the development of marketing strategies.
- Set up quarterly meeting with line manager to track individual?s performance and analyze progress toward appointed goals.
- Responsible to set-up business reviews and a yearly joint business plan with key customers
- Document Sales activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- The NAM will require a deeper knowledge of the customer and a more detailed level of information.
- 4 year college degreepreferred.
- 7 years experience selling to HQ National Chain Restaurants
- Demonstrated track record of achievement and advancement
- Foodservice industry experience