- Create a working account plan which includes TCAR analysis and strategies/tactics to increase profitable revenue, account penetration and engagement points (including manufacturing and engineering). Develop innovative and creative solutions that will help further differentiate the Plexus service offering with our customers. Successfully execute plans while engaging the broader Plexus organization, as appropriate, while continually improving customer satisfaction and "stickiness."
- Ensure Plexus meets or exceeds the expectations of customers. Advocate for customer needs within Plexus and represent Plexus’ needs and interests to the customer. Translate the needs and interests into action that meets or exceeds customer satisfaction goals and creates mutual benefit for Plexus. Lead a cross-functional Plexus team that includes engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, costing, financial and legal experts to ensure we continue meeting or exceeding customer expectations and needs.
- Increase Plexus’ revenue and profitability. Establish clearly defined financial objectives for customers. Partner with manufacturing and engineering to proactively manage the customer P&L to ensure we meet/exceed the objectives.
- Build and develop multi-level relationships, including executive level, with customers and internally. Be fully conversant and intimate with the customer business model, competition, market and needs. Partner with other key Plexus functions (e.g. manufacturing and engineering) in furthering the customer relationship.
- Forecasting: Communicate with customers to ensure that the forecasts that are received are timely, are as accurate as possible, and are consistent with the pricing model.
- Contracts: Lead negotiations with customers for pricing and/or contractual changes and ensure that both Plexus and the customer are compliant with existing manufacturing and engineering contractual agreements.
- Inventory: Closely monitor obsolete, slow moving, and excess inventory (OIX) levels and negotiate ways to reduce and/or eliminate OIX inventory with the customers.
- Customer Visit Planning: Lead Plexus customer site visit planning and drive the Plexus manufacturing and engineering sites with preparing for these visits in ways consistent with the Customer Care Guidelines. Ensure that meeting goals are communicated to the appropriate people prior to the meeting.
- Customer Visit Execution: When present during customer visits must own the agenda and ensure that the meeting is progressing in such a way as to ensure that the meeting's objectives and goals are being met. Following the meeting, must ensure that meeting notes, actions, and next steps are communicated and executed per the expectations set in the meeting.
- Project Management: Monitor ongoing Plexus led projects and intervene when appropriate to ensure that the customer and Plexus are aligned. Proactively communicate status to internal and external customers as appropriate.
- Request for Quotes: Lead Plexus's response to Requests for Quotations (RFQ's) from customers by entering the appropriate information into Plexus's quote tracking tool, participating in meetings, and ensuring Plexus' and the customer's actions are closed as expected. Lead and communicate quotation strategy and ensure that all internal teams are aligned with objectives of the RFQ.
- Promote the Plexus brand through application of Plexus Values and Leadership Competencies.
- Frequent travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 50%).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s level coursework is preferred.
- Five (5) years of related experience is required; Three (3) or more years of related experience is preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Able to make sound, logical and reasonable decisions with minimal guidance.
- Able to apply solution selling knowledge and capabilities.
- Applies financial acumen to influence customers and constituents.
- Basic understanding of electronics manufacturing is required.
- General office equipment and materials.