SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Provide strategic direction and manage activities designed to provide external and internal customers with consistent effective and economical distribution support and efficient distribution center operations. Strategically lead development of annual operating budget. Implement business practices supporting defined expense and service requirements. Negotiate agreements with supply chain partners. Collaborate with other functional business units to establish and refine operations protocol, driving superior customer satisfaction, and consistent performance and profitability.
- Manage annual operating costs to meet budget expectations through effective allocation and management of resources.
- Manage agreements, rates, and service schedule with Distribution locations in support of fiscal and service objectives.
- Direct activities and projects of subordinate managers in Distribution Operations toward achieving business unit objectives, strategies, vision and tactics.
- Execute and maintain economically effective Distribution best practices supporting commodities flow to supply locations, including production facilities, customers, warehouses, or other delivery network facilities.
- Routinely generate reports and analyze materials handling and shipment planning metrics in order to recognize changing requirements; propose broader based strategic solutions to maintain balance between work mix, load volume, operations and costs.
- Collaborate with business unit team members, senior managers and team leaders to assess and respond to distribution needs. Collaborate closely with customers to define distribution programs in support of customer needs, program modifications or create enhancements to existing programs when appropriate.
- Develop and drive best practices and standards for superior departmental performance. Manage company objectives for safety, cost control, efficiency, employee retention, and customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate and recommend continuous data driven and insightful improvement methodologies related to order processing, tracking, and communication, as well as systems support of order management.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and maintain deadlines.
- Ability to clearly and precisely communicate orally and in writing to individuals and groups.
- Ability to communicate precise innovative Supply Chain and business solutions to customers and team leaders/members.
- Ability to adapt and support the organization through times of change.
- Ability to assess business views strategically.
- Ability to build strong sustainable business relationships at various levels throughout organization and with key customers.
- Ability to precisely and proficiently conduct strategic business and data analyses and data driven recommendations for improvements and advancements.
- Ability to operate and use telephones, computers/laptops and other technological devices/software programs to communicate with other people.
- Ability to proficiently use and perform key functions of Microsoft Excel software program.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Organize and develop quarterly and annual plans to drive weekly and monthly prioritizations of key development activities and projects to achieve superior management of business operations.
- Create respectful environment among team members, and motivate improvement of individuals and team performances to achieve desired business results.
- Maintain effectiveness of varying environments with different tasks, responsibilities and people. Set priorities and strategically identify issues, underlying problems and potential solutions to develop plan of action.
- Render judgments and make timely decisions in alignment with business objectives, strategies and tactics. Promptly reconcile and communicate changes in plans and programs, conditions, requirements of marketplace, competitive activities, issues and accomplishments that may affect results to various levels of staff. Conduct team adjustments to new changes, and adjust to meet requirements of changing conditions/situations.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 10 years of experience with operations leadership in a systems-directed manufacturing-driven supply chain environment, preferably in Distribution.
- Experience in ERP (SAP) environment. 7-9 years of experience in transportation industry experience, including domestic/international transportation methodologies.
- Proficient in data access tools and PC based applications (Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Knowledge of OSHA regulations, as well as warehousing industry best practices.
- Strong leadership, analytical, results, strategy, and vision oriented, strong oral and written communication, complex problem solving, change management, project management and risk management
- Prioritization and time management, resources