This is a remote opportunity, you have to reside in Dallas, TX or Chicago, IL.
The Customer Integration Engineer is responsible for evaluating the customer site to ensure all facility, utility and equipment aspects are aligned and ready for a smooth installation of the solution. Also, partners with the customer to complete all preparation work to ensure structure, water sourcing, power, connectivity, temperature control, operating procedures, and waste management systems comply with necessary requirements.
Key Success Factors
- Ability to manage complex and large scale facilities projects keeping key stakeholders informed and engaged.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently in a cross-functional team environment.
- Effectively communicates with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Anticipate potential issues and proactively present solution scenarios.
Position Impact to Business
- The Customer Integration Engineer contributes to business success by minimizing opportunities for costly delays and customer disruption through proactive planning. Also, the successful execution of the role increases earlier achievement of Test of Record status impacting customer satisfaction and revenue generation.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical Engineering.
- 3 years in construction/facility projects experience.
- 3 years in project management experience.
- 5 years of plant engineering experience.
- Computer skills (project management software and AutoCAD).