The Brand, Product, and Consumer Research team is a critical group within Portfolio Planning at FCA. We inspire new products, messaging and experiences through a deep understanding of human needs, attitudes, and behaviors. We are looking for a Customer Insights Research Manager to join our team and help drive continued innovation. This individual will manage all aspects of research and establish expertise within specified segments or across segments. The selected candidate will be responsible for initiating, designing, executing and analyzing research from product concept to post-launch, creating consumer empathy and understanding. The Manager will transform data and observations into insight, implications and recommendations to drive decision making. The techniques used include qualitative and quantitative research along with analysis of syndicated data. We are looking for a high-energy individual who works equally well with research colleagues, designers, engineers, product managers, and executives. The selected candidate will have experience conducting research that drives decision making in a business environment.
- Design, conduct and synthesize research to identify new product, marketing and experience opportunities.
- Develop a deep understanding of consumer needs, attitudes, and behaviors.
- Proactively work with business, technology, and design experts to understand business and technical challenges, constraints and opportunities; recommend new and innovative ideas/approaches to address priorities
- Select, design and implement a variety of research methodologies to address business needs
- Conduct research using a wide range of qualitative and quantitative techniques, including in-depth interviews, in-situ observation, small group discussions, online journaling, online surveys and product clinics.
- Lead all phases of a research project independently — including assessing needs, designing research, conducting research, developing insights, and creating reports and presentations.
- Leverage proven frameworks for analyzing this research and developing actionable recommendations.
- Facilitate workshops and ideation sessions to help translate insights about human needs into product or experience ideas.
- Effectively communicate insights to audiences ranging from working-level teams to senior executives
- Help drive a culture of human-centered design across the entire organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Social Sciences, Business or related field required
- At least 8 years of Consumer Insights / Market Research experience
- Superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and meet aggressive deadlines
- Self-motivated and excels in a team environment
- Knowledge of market research methodologies and synthesis of resulting data into insightful conclusions and stories
- Demonstrated quantitative, study design, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong skills in mTAB and Microsoft Office Suite/Google applications
- Ability to formulate context, identify patterns, develop insights and implications and deliver data
- Driven alternatives and clearly communicate the same
- Ability to write concise, creative and insightful reports, and to effectively communicate research findings to team members of all levels and backgrounds
- MBA or MS in Marketing Science, Research or related field
- An unending desire to understand consumers
- Energy and enthusiasm to pursue new tools and develop new skills
- Highly creative in developing effective deliverables via various media
- Experience with analytic techniques including correlations, regression, factor analysis, cluster analysis, Max-Diff, and conjoint analysis
- Experience with analytical platforms such as R, SPSS, and Tableau SAS