Works with leadership within Marketing, Customer Experience, Strategy, and the front-line business units -- Community Banking, Wholesale Banking, and Financial Management Services -- to provide customer insights to drive business priorities with a focus on data, research and/or experience. Develops and delivers strategic analyses that answer critical business questions, validate assumptions and debunk myths. Partners effectively with internal technology resources and third-party data and/or research providers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Insights Analyst (Data Focus) - Designs and maintains customer and segment scorecards, dashboards and reports that offer visibility into our customer base.
- Insights Analyst (Research Focus) - Designs and maintains customer research studies, dashboards and reports that offer visibility into our customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Insights Analyst (Experience Focus) - Designs and maintains customer experience scorecards and reports that offer visibility into our customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Performs data mining and customer analysis. Researches, compiles, and performs complex analysis on critical customer, account, transactional, and or behavioral data
- Performs regression, risk and driver analyses to answer business questions and works with data scientists to drive the strategic development of more complex audience sampling and predictive models in support of the business.
- Maintains necessary processes, controls and procedures to ensure data accuracy and integrity. Leverages multiple internal or external information sources and ensures adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies.
- May be the liaison between business units, technology teams, finance teams and other support teams.
- Manages and prioritizes multiple moderately complex projects and may supervise project teams.
- Creates engaging and informative presentations that communicate results to management and executive audiences.
- Presents complex material to all levels of management in a digestible, consumable manner.
- Builds effective business partnerships with all levels of team members.
- May train, coach or direct the work of lower level analysts.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- May work with business partners to define issues and information needs and translates them into specific data/technical requirements to support business initiatives and projects.
- May work with business partners to define issues and information needs and translates them into a qualitative or quantitative survey that will help provide the information needed.
- May work with business partners to define and map customer experience issues and translates them into current and future state journey maps to support the prioritization of process, product or people enhancements.
- May use analytical tools such as SQL Assistant, SAS, R, Python, Tableau, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, economics, finance, computer science, information systems, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6+ years of reporting, analytics, market research experience or a combination;
- OR a Master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis AND 4+ years of reporting, analytics, market research experience or a combination"
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the industry's standard business practices, products, and services
- Comfortable working with fluid priorities and tight deadlines
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact and influence successfully at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated experience leading and coaching teams
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Highly proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Demonstrated data management skills utilizing a large and complex database environment OR using statistical software to collect data and assimilate statistics
- Working knowledge of regression, driver analysis, and more complex data modeling principles
- Exceptional technical skills using tools such as SQL Assistant, SAS, R, Python, Tableau, SPSS, Access
- Experience designing and coding questionnaires, managing invitations and responses, publishing reports in survey software platform
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of customer experience best practices and research strategies
- Experience designing and coding survey questionnaires, managing invitations and responses, publishing reports in survey software platform
- Experience with cloud base marketing campaign management systems, performance analytics and attribution analysis