At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Customer Insight Leader, Market Accessin Wilmington, DE, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. North American Commercial is the ‘face’ of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
This role is responsible for insight support within the evolving Market Access Customer Insight Team. The individual in this role will provide comprehensive insight and analytic support for the Market Access Regional Intermediary Senior Directors, with secondary stakeholders to include Regional Account Directors and the Market Access Leadership Team.
The Customer Insight Leader, Market Access will assist internal customers by generating key insights that are utilized in the development of strategic operational plans. The individual will assist with support of key customers to interpret market access information and provide insight to support business decisions as well as helping customers utilize these insights to shape future strategic initiatives.
The individual will work closely with the Market Access Customer Insight Director to capture ad-hoc data questions and desired outcomes, make recommendations, and provide insight and guidance to further progress Market Access Insight tools and capabilities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for collaborating across the Market Access Customer Insight Team to provide clear and consistent insight and analytics to our customers to make informed business decisions.
Work closely with the Market Access Leadership Team (National and Regional Payers) to develop and maintain an understanding of the key customer-related market trends specific to their accounts, geographical areas, and/or customers.
Ensure informational and analytical support for our customers is provided in a timely and effective manner through seamless integration with other members of the Market Access Insight Team.
Work with outsource providers and NA IT to create and deliver new analytical systems and tools that support key managed market business objectives.
Proactively leverage available analytical tools and resources; providing insights based on a deep knowledge of markets, brands and the health care market. These tools include but are not limited to the Market Access
Dashboards, syndicated reports, local insight, other key external resources and routine performance reports.
Collaborating with internal colleagues, on-site outsourced partners and consultants to deliver analyses needed.
Develop clear line of sight for pull through opportunities when there are key market access wins.
Meet regularly with customers to understand requirements and ensure insight requirements are being delivered.
Prioritize workload across key customers to dedicate capacity time accordingly.
Ability to manage and lead numerous projects at the same time, especially large-scale projects
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience conducting secondary analysis on market access or managed care
- Understanding of market access landscape and experience with secondary analysis
- Experience in managed markets internal and external information sources including sales data reporting, analysis and customer targeting strategies/methods
- Strong business acumen with ability to understand and interpret information from multiple sources
- Ability to perform geographical analysis using multiple quantitative and qualitative sources to translate data into actionable recommendations.
- Comfortable working in ambiguity with the ability to challenge traditional thinking to solve problems.
- Ability to lead without authority
- Excellent informal and formal communications skills
- Highly analytical with an excellent understanding of the value and processes associated with primary market research, forecasting, promotion response insights, and business intelligence
- Ability to perform analyses using Microsoft Excel and Micro Strategy or similar Business Information tools to translate data into actionable recommendations.
- Experience with secondary pharmaceutical data, statistical analysis and the techniques and application of primary market research.
- Exhibit business acumen in working with research vendors
- Advanced Degree (e.g. MBA) or equivalent work experience
- Project/program management expertise