Job ID 60986BR Date posted 02/13/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut CountryUS
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to shape the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to contribute and grow in a variety of ways. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
Typical Business responsibilities include:
- Manage the customer relationship to ensure we provide seamless service.
- Ensure customer satisfaction using formal and informal customer feedback.
- Drive internal organizations’ action plans and continuously monitor and provide customer input to address and resolve customer issues.
- Work closely with P&W Engine Services in the management of IAE Fleet Hourly Agreements (FHAs) and P&W Fleet Management Programs (FMPs).
- Work with customer and internal organizations to develop support proposals to address non-contractual warranty claims.
- Identify and communicate sales and service opportunities to appropriate business unit and sales managers.
- Develop and coordinate entry into service plans to ensure smooth integration of new products into your customers’ fleets.
- Using customer input and other intelligence, provide accurate shop visit forecasts for the IAE and P&W powered fleets.
- Maintain the forecast monthly and communicate shop visit requirements and changes for planning purposes.
- Work with Customer, Customer Technical Service, Programs, Spares and Fleet Teams to develop and execute fleet management plans aimed at resolving fleet technical issues.
- Serve as focal for communicating plans and coordinating resources required to minimize operational disruptions.
- Proactively manage emerging fleet technical issues. Anticipate new issues by monitoring airline’s reliability performance.
- Establish joint improvement plans with airline and execute.
Typical Supervision responsibilities include:
- Provide direction and leadership for the team to provide 24/7 support to address critical customer issues.
- Ensure field office staffing satisfies customer and business needs.
- Prepare and maintain succession plans for critical positions.
- Guide field personnel career development to both improve proficiency in their current assignment and develop relevant skills to fulfill future goals.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 8 years' working experience that includes a minimum of 5 years in the airline, power plant, aviation or engine overhaul industry.
Preferred Qualifications:Aviation industry experience
Background including a technical role that involves customer facing
Successful in supervising/leading others