Posting Description Nissan is a global company driven by the accomplishments of our employees. We find pride in our continued commitment to diversity and an exciting lineup of vehicles. Simply put, we are at the intersection of people, transportation, and the environment, which keeps us at the forefront of innovation. We are currently looking for a Data Analyst to join our Customer Facing Systems team at NNA Headquarters Franklin, TN.
- The BI/Analytics Analyst specializes in Data Management & Analytics, requiring functional and technical knowledge, including data architecture, data warehouse, business intelligence, analytics, and the big data solution
- Responsible for investigating processes, technology, cost, and strategy while identifying options for improving and bridging the needs of the business with the use of Information Systems and Technology as an internal consultant
- This position is primarily business customer facing responsible for adhering to standards established by Internal IS group responsible for Analytics domain.
- Customer base includes Vehicle Connected Services and various sales and marketing departments
- Act as a liaison with the internal business departments and the provider of services to the enterprise
- Lead the analysis in resolving incidents as they occur by working with multiple third party vendors to ensure maintenance and support is carried out effectively among all parties
- Understand, interpret, and suggest resolution to technical systematic issues and communicates these issues effectively to management ,and peers
- As necessary, performs any other relevant duties to aid in the success of the organization
- Utilize enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- ETL – Informatica, etc. Data Warehouse/BI/Analytics – Tableau, Business Objects, or other (Microstrategy, SAP BW, Cognos, Lumira, QlikView, etc.)Data QualityMaster Data ManagementDatabases/data analysis – e.g. Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, SQL, OLAP, PL/SQLUnstructured data, big datatechnologies – Hortonworks/Hadoop, Python, RWaterfall and agile/scrum project management methodologies
- Ability to lead the team’s efforts to implement approved actions and workarounds with vendors minimizing risk.
- Work independently with users to define concepts under minimal direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Decision Information Systems, MIS, or equivalent experience
- 10 Years overall IS/IT experience with at least: 7 years combination of data analytics application development and/or systems architect experience
- 5 years experience in working with various third party vendors
- Past experience as a hands-on data analyst, systems analyst, data architect, DBA or application developer
- Prior experience working with off-shore personnel is a plus
- Client server development/web technologies/SOA - Java/J2EE, JBoss Service Oriented Architecture, SOAP/RESTful services, ESB