A Customer Engineer II is responsible for the planning, testing, implementation, and documentation of small to large projects and deployments for new and existing customer base. This position is ideal for a hands-on, well rounded engineer who desires to be involved in all aspects of the IT field. The position requires strong resource and time management skills for projects, systems analysis, systems design, systems implementation, and systems support. Individual will need to be self-motivated, detail and process oriented, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and have solid problem solving/trouble-shooting abilities.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting modern networks including but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless.
- Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting multi-site Active Directory 2003/2008/2012 environments.
- Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013 environments.
- Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting multi-site WAN environments.
- Designing, implementing, and trouble-shooting on-premises networks with multiple WAN and VLAN configurations (including but not limited to cabling, routing, routing protocols, switching, internet, and overall network architecture).
- Designing, implementing and troubleshooting virtualization environments
- Proven customer facing field experience.
- Designing, implementing and troubleshooting backup solutions both on-site and remote
- Designing, implementing and troubleshooting storage area networks
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- MCSE, MCSA, MCITP:Server Administrator, MCITP:Enterprise Administrator or equivalent hands on experience.
- Minimum of 4 years related hands-on work experience.
- Work experience must include supporting local area network connected devices or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CCNA or equivalent hands-on experience
- CCNP or equivalent hands-on experience
- Apple computer hands-on experience
- VCP or equivalent hands-on experience
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
- Willingness to travel within and outside the region
- Proficient with Microsoft Active Directory 2003/2008/2012 and Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Windows operating system (2003/2008/2012/XP/Vista/7).
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products (XP/2003/2007/2010).
- Proficient with Cisco router, firewall, switch, and access point configuration and management.
- Extensive knowledge of MPLS, BGP, and OSPF.
- Expertise in routing and switching technology and terminology as well as the OSI model and how it applies to telecommunications.
- Proficient with Virtualization technologies including VMware ESX 4.0 and later
- Proficient with Storage solutions -- SAN/NAS